Wink Help with a 2000 Polaris Genesis 1200

Hi Everyone....

Purchased a polaris genesis 1200 (2000) and haven't been able to ride it. Took it out and couldn't get it past 3000rpm. Once in a while it would hit a sweet spot on throttle and take off. I have a 99 polaris genesis 1200 and I swapped computers out. The 2000 ran great with the '99 computer. Sent the computer to dfi and the could not find anything wrong with it. They suggested I hook up brain of one computer with regulator of another and hopefully if it is the regulator they can replace. If it's the brain I'm SOL! Anyone know of anything else I can test for this issue, possibly where I might find another computer if I need to buy one? Thanks so much in advance, Diane

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Since you have both EMM on hand, why not try the regulator test?

The two smaller connectors are the 'power supply' section of the EMM, and the large 40 pin connector is for the 'brain'.

I would suggest you loop the cooling water through both EMM while testing, to avoid an EMM overheat condition while you are testing. Just use a short hose section to daisy chain them together.

First try running the 'bad' EMM in the 'bad' ski, but with the good EMM connected to the two smaller 'power' connectors. If the engine now runs properly, then the 'bad' EMM has a problem in the power regulator section.

If it does not run properly, next swap the big connector to the 'good' EMM, and also swap the small connectors to the 'bad' EMM. If it now runs properly, then the 'bad' EMM has a problem in the main computer section.

If it still doesn't run properly, then both sections of the 'bad' EMM would seem to be bad

+1
    Swap TPS over and make sure you crimp the connectors on the TPS slightly so that the connection is good .Have it tied down on your trailer and revv it up whilst it is in the water with the seat removed .While doing this you need to wriggle the wires at the tps to see if that is causing you probs

Bernie

Thanks!

Did the regulator test. Definitely the brain is bad. Anyone know where I can get a refurbished computer besides dfi? I called there today and they have nothing for a genesis 1200. Thanks!

+1
    Used EMM are available.
    Just have to shop around...

Any ideas about where to purchase a used one?

Thanks, any ideas on where I might be able to start the search for a used EMM?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hammerurhouse View Post
    Thanks, any ideas on where I might be able to start the search for a used EMM?
    Polaris PWC Parts Sources

And eBay...

Thread Information