Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: hour meter

hour meter

I'm looking at buying an RXP with extremely low hours. Is there any way to verify the authenticity of the hours it is displaying? I'm concerned that the seller somehow reset or replaced the hour meter. Everything he has told me so far has been honest but I'm paranoid.

+1
    A friend of mine changed his display on his rxt and it reset to "0" hours.

If an RXP has lower than 20 hours per year in a fairly warm climate area I would be concerned.

Welcome to the forum.

he would have had to replace the mpem/display and ecu with others that were low hour or new.... this is really an expensive task to do depending on year ski...

"If an RXP has lower than 20 hours per year in a fairly warm climate area I would be concerned."
    not necessarily....i did less than 15 hours here in florida last year as other things came up... so it is possible

do some visual checks,like nut heads,engine appearance,hull.....is it scuffed,seat wear,ect....secondly get someone who knows a bit to go with you to take a look....two sets of eyes are better than one

It has under 10 hours and is an 05. I've seen the outside of it and it looks like it just came off the showroom floor.

how long has he had it?any bills or paper work to back it up? ask for a test ride,do a compression test,find out if its been laid up correctly it would need to have been because of the low hours.WAS the old fuel removed ect ect....get all the info out the guy you can see if it adds up.good luck

you can go to a local seadoo dealer and have them do the tests i think for like $75-$100 and they will give you the results and opinion....

+1
    My display went bad at 202 hours and after they replaced it the display read 0 hours. I asked them to reset it to show 202 and it was not possible. I will find out if BUDS will show the hours or not and will respond later. Sometimes a ski that has been used every weekend is better off than one that sat for years. Your best bet is to take it to a dealer you trust for a once over and take it out for a hard test ride. If he is confident that the ski is good then they will have no problem letting a serious buyer do so. A compression test really is not needed on a 4 stroke. I leak down is a better test.Hope this helps and good luck. Let us know how you make out.

He has the service records showing him taking it to the dealer in the spring and fall every year. He thinks it still has the ceramic washers, he didn't know what I was talking about with replacing them.

Website may not be suitable for small children WOT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H2HO View Post
    A friend of mine changed his display on his rxt and it reset to "0" hours.

If an RXP has lower than 20 hours per year in a fairly warm climate area I would be concerned.

Welcome to the forum.
    Yeah, Seadoo's are like crack -- especially in warm weather areas. I would definitely be suspicious. I would have him show you proof: maybe records that he was incarcerated for several years, or shipped off overseas, or has a really really hot wife that hooks him up with 3-ways with her and her hot twin sister or something and I would demand to see some video footage as proof. Otherwise, there is very little chance that he wasn't riding it like a raped ape every weekend -- the temptation is just too much.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information