Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

ski broke down, wont start, p0344

I was out on my 07 rxp today and I was at WOT when all of the sudden I heard a beep and the engine just shut down. Tried to restart it and all it did was crank over. The information displays code p0344, which I searched is cam signal missing. Did my cam sensor go bad? Is this a common problem and where is it and how do I fix. Thanks.

remove it and test it with multimeter or however the manual says to test it. i saw on ebay some sensors for sale ....might want to check

Well took the valve cover off and it's not good. Timing chain is broken, WTF. I just bought this ski used less than a month ago. I found out it had the supercharger replaced in 08 with the new upgraded washers under warranty at the dealer, so I thought the ski was good to go. Fast foward to today and 20+ hours later now this crap happens. Man I knew I should of stayed with yamaha. I am just fed up right now. I am assuming since the chain broke, the motor is toast? Ski is an 07 with around 125hrs and no warranty. What caused the chain to break? Is there anything I can do to get seadoo to cover repairs, is this a common issue? Was this caused because the repair on the supercharger was not done correctly when the original failed? Is the chain susposed to replaced when the ceramics fail? How much is this going to cost to fix? Here is a pic:

Typically, a supercharger rebuild or replacement has no effect on the timing chain. You sure the cyl head was never removed? That would be the key question to ask the dealer. If they removed the head in any way, the chain had to be touched. Period.

Most people don't replace the cam timing chain as preventative maintenance. It is a must if you are rebuilding a motor.
    Sorry.

Just reread your post. Did the dealer say the s/c failed, as in the clutches broke and fell into the motor and the motor was removed and cleaned of any debris? Or - did they just happen to "brag" that it had an '08 s/c in it as a selling point? If they repaired the motor due to fragments of clutch parts in there, I would go after them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try to catch them off guard first and innocently ask if they ever removed the head.

Brendan

I read somewhere that the ceramics from the supercharger when it fails can hit the chain and weaken it or break it. And the dealer is susposed to clean out all the ceramics from the engine when the charger fails correct? The head has never been removed from the engine. All they replaced at the dealer was the supercharger. What would of caused the chain to break?

correct: if the ceramics fail, pieces of it will ride with/in the chain and will cause failure down the road. if your used ski suffered a ceramic failure and the dealer didn`t do a thoro job in cleaning the debris this was unavoidable...

now which came first: valve failure snapped the chain, or chain snapped and good bye valves...

This is the main issue why I switched brands...

Quote Originally Posted by BDNJ View Post
    Just reread your post. Did the dealer say the s/c failed, as in the clutches broke and fell into the motor and the motor was removed and cleaned of any debris? Or - did they just happen to "brag" that it had an '08 s/c in it as a selling point? If they repaired the motor due to fragments of clutch parts in there, I would go after them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try to catch them off guard first and innocently ask if they ever removed the head.

Brendan
    The dealer I bought the ski from didn't know anything about it. They didn't know the past history of it and couldn't tell me anything. It was a bank repo. I found out the supercharger was replaced from my own research by contacting a local dealer and asking them to run the vin and see if any warranty work was ever done on it. That's when it came back with the supercharger and fuel pump being replaced in 08. So I am assuming that the original supercharger failed and that's why it was repalced.

Quote Originally Posted by mustangtw View Post
    The dealer I bought the ski from didn't know anything about it. They didn't know the past history of it and couldn't tell me anything. It was a bank repo. I found out the supercharger was replaced from my own research by contacting a local dealer and asking them to run the vin and see if any warranty work was ever done on it. That's when it came back with the supercharger and fuel pump being replaced in 08. So I am assuming that the original supercharger failed and that's why it was repalced.
    Damn to bad you couldn`t have discovered this info before hand, it would have swayed your thinking...

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    correct: if the ceramics fail, pieces of it will ride with/in the chain and will cause failure down the road. if your used ski suffered a ceramic failure and the dealer didn`t do a thoro job in cleaning the debris this was unavoidable...

now which came first: valve failure snapped the chain, or chain snapped and good bye valves...

This is the main issue why I switched brands...
    Damm, this sucks. I guess there is nothing I can do now? Do you think BRP will help out at all if I bring it in to a dealer and have them check it out considering the history and that supercharger work was done in the past even though it's out of warranty?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information