Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    +1

ercBOOSTED FZS Build

What is up everybody? Since I thoroughly enjoy talking about skis and mods, I decided that I will have a thread about my ski and the progress that is done after all the money and time that is spent on these things. For the first entry, all I am going by is my completely stock ski. First time out was the break in day but I did do a bunch of WOT but not for extremely long bursts. The day was a bit choppy so not a great day for speed numbers. I hit 66 mph on the buzzer. I could have got it higher if it was calm and I rode in the superman position. Next we move on to the first round of mods. On the way I have the Riva Free Flow Exhaust, Riva Intake grate and Pump shoe seal kit, and the intake manifold upgrade. Install should start on wednesday, so one more day till the transformation begins. Another bit of news today, I purchased the MoTec ECU from Nils at Rude Performance and it will be here on Monday. That should be a fun one to test out! More to come later in the week.

I am also going to be listing how much has been spent on parts. I will do the updating on the first page, so as new things get added, this page will be updated.

Cost of Build to Date

1. R Rated Free Flow exhaust 100 (Not sure about actual price cause he wanted me to try it out)
    2. Riva Intake Grate 199.95
    3. Riva Pump Seal Kit 79.95
    4. R&D Intake Manifold Upgrade 29.95
    5. MoTec ECU & Computer Cable 3275.00
    6. R Rated Air Intake 100 (Not sure about actual price cause he wanted me to try it out)
    7. R&D Engine/Intercooler Cooling Kit 250 plus labor
    8. Styrofoam removed (free)
    9. Ride plate spacers removed (free)
    10. Riva E1 Wheel
    11. Frozenboost Type 19 Intercooler and BOV
    12. R&D Fuel Pressure Regulator
    13. R&D 13/25 Prop

Total $4034.80

Stock Top Speed 66.1 mph on the buzzer
    Stock Top Rpms 7500

Top Speed After MoTec 69.4 mph with a full tank
    Top Rpms After MoTec 8000

Top Speed after Intake Manifold Upgrade 70.1 with a full tank
    Top Rpms After Intake Manifold Upgrade 8000 - Is the Stock Dash Limited to 8000???

Top Speed after R Rated Free Flow, R Rated Air Intake, and R&D Engine/Intercooler Kit 71.3
    Top Rpms after R Rated Free Flow, R Rated Air Intake, and R&D Engine/Intercooler Kit 8050

Top Speed after Styrofoam and Ride plate spacers remove and plate shimmed 73.8
    Top Rpms after Styrofoam and Ride plate spacers remove and plate shimmed 8100
    Last edited by ercBOOSTED; 08-18-2009 at 07:47 PM.

+1
    I installed the riva grate and the pump shoe seal kit today. Old grate came off very easy. Take out four bolts holding it in and it basically falls off. Very little sealant was used. The pump shoe seal kit fits very tight. You actually have to strike it with a rubber mallet. Its amazing that those pieces actually fit in the openings. I have decided to wait to install my exhaust because I am thinking about going with the R Rated exhaust that requires no cutting to the factory pipe. My intake manifold upgrade did not come today cause it was from R & D. I might just run it with the grate this weekend to see how she handles and then go from there. Motec comes on monday! I guess we can call it "MOTEC MONDAY!!!!!!!!"

Moderated
    sweet, keep us posted...

how about some pics

Nice ski i will also like to see your results

+1
    I'll take some pics of the underside of the grate when I get home from work. I guess I might as well post lots of pics. This build will be for anybody. I have a knowledge of skis from working on my Ultra. I by no means consider myself to be good, so if I can do it , you can do it.

Thanks for the info bro. I will be keeping a close eye on this thread as I am planning on following in your foot steps. I eventualy want to get to where Jerry is going with his. "FAST" LOL.... I think you have in mind what I have in mind.... I would love to get to, or as close as I can to 100mph.. I would be a very happy camper... Good luck bro, and I can't wait to see your progress..

+1
    At 100 I would be scared to ride the thing lol. I'd be happy with 80.........till I hit 80 and then I'd want more. Just to let you know, I couldn't wait any longer for the motec and I called Nils before he shipped it. I told him to overnight it so it will be here by tomorrow. I'll install it and most likely get some testing done on saturday, as long as the weather holds up. That way everyone can see what the MoTec does to a completely stock ski.

+1
    do u have any pics of ur ski?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ercBOOSTED View Post
    At 100 I would be scared to ride the thing lol. I'd be happy with 80.........till I hit 80 and then I'd want more. Just to let you know, I couldn't wait any longer for the motec and I called Nils before he shipped it. I told him to overnight it so it will be here by tomorrow. I'll install it and most likely get some testing done on saturday, as long as the weather holds up. That way everyone can see what the MoTec does to a completely stock ski.
    testing the MOTEC on a stock ski sounds like a good plan. subscribing to thread

Quote Originally Posted by ercBOOSTED View Post

LOL...that's funny bro.. You sound alot like me.. LOL.. Can't wait to see your results buddy.... Can you say Motec in the house tomorrow? LOL..

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information