RXT OPAS blockoffs

My dad just got an '06 RXT and im already going to install my old blockoffs on his ski cuz it handles teribble. i looked at the riva instructions to make sure i had everything. im not to fimilar with the RXT and one part says to unhook that hose on the pump and block it off. why do u have to remove that. just courious and what happens if i don't?

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    you flood the hull with water of you don't

inside the ski you can connect the two hoses together and make a loop.... you can cap off the nipple splitter that's above the pump housing.... you can remove all of that all together and get a plate from PPG that bolts over that hole...

steve what is that hose for? im in new territory. so if u leave tha hoses there i will fill the hull with water. damn would my dad be pissed. haha

+1
    the 3-seater OPAS system moves up and down with water pressure... so there's a pretty high amoutn of water flowing thru that the hose from the venturi into that fitting in the top of the hull.

when u remove the fins on the outside, u disconnect those 2 water supply lines and put the plates on.... if you dont remove all those water lines, disconnect the venturi fitting, block it all off you'll have GALLONS of water pumping in there within seconds.

IMO... call PPG and get the OPAS plate for the RXT splitter... it's the safest way to prevent any leaks

ok i gotcha now steve! thanks for clearing that up. will be calling PPG tomm.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Someone give him a pic and measurements. They are $26 and his dad can make it for nothing.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by NCHeel
    Someone give him a pic and measurements. They are $26 and his dad can make it for nothing.
    good idea... totally slipped my mind ur dad can take care of making this piece justin. tell him give me a holler if he needs me to make a template or take measurements.

remove that splitter piece completely... it's held in by 2 screws and a chitload of black silicone. keep cutting the silicone and twisting and pulling and it will come out. then ur left with a round hole and two screw inserts around it... make a plate to cover the hole, drill holes, put silicone on the plate, and screw it on there and call it a day.

nice idea guys. Steve u feel like making another template? not hurry i don't think he wants it changed right away but maybe another week or so.

Thread Information