Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Sure salt water may melt your ski, but what a hoot

    Took my teenage son out today on our pair of 2002 GTX 4-Tecs off the south side of Cape Cod, MA. Blasted 6-7 miles down the coast to fill up. Wave 3-4 feet with some bigger, windy as hell. On the way back, running with the waves it was so much calmer we went 3-4 mile past the entrance to the bay just so we could smash our way back. Felt like I was 18 again

    Machines running great. Thanks to a lot of help from Aqua Guy over these past months.

    What a day! A day like that with your son priceless!


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    South of Boston MA
    Posts
    286
    +1
    3
    I'm dying to take my RXT's into the ocean, where did you launch from?

  3. #3

    Ramp on Great Neck Road in Mashpee

    PM me and I can give you details. I have a summer house 2 streets over from the ramp, but I think it is one of the best launches around. Without a Mashpee resident sticker you have to park down the road a bit and walk in, but not a huge deal. maps.google.com search for "town landing road, mashpee, ma"

    Good ramp into Great River that leads to Waquoat bay and out to the ocean. Martha's Vinyard to 6 miles south and Falmouth is 6 mile west.

    PM me if you are coming down

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Plymouth, MA
    Posts
    199
    +1
    1
    I live in Plymouth, the outside of the Cape is a blast to ride in, especially the tip of P-town

    Following the Captain John Boats around is always.. an adventure with there 8' wakes

  5. #5
    thompsdw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    880
    +1
    1
    Glad to hear everything worked out Richard. Great job .

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by RX-Pike View Post
    I live in Plymouth, the outside of the Cape is a blast to ride in, especially the tip of P-town

    Following the Captain John Boats around is always.. an adventure with there 8' wakes
    I love riding in the bay and expect to do so soon. When you're off of P-Town do you worry about the Park Service? We're banned all along the coast one mile from shore from about Wellfleet, around P-town and down to Chatham.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by richard kagen View Post
    PM me and I can give you details. I have a summer house 2 streets over from the ramp, but I think it is one of the best launches around. Without a Mashpee resident sticker you have to park down the road a bit and walk in, but not a huge deal. maps.google.com search for "town landing road, mashpee, ma"

    Good ramp into Great River that leads to Waquoat bay and out to the ocean. Martha's Vinyard to 6 miles south and Falmouth is 6 mile west.

    PM me if you are coming down
    Green Pond Harbor in Falmouth is good.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Plymouth, MA
    Posts
    199
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by crueldude View Post
    I love riding in the bay and expect to do so soon. When you're off of P-Town do you worry about the Park Service? We're banned all along the coast one mile from shore from about Wellfleet, around P-town and down to Chatham.
    WHAT? Really? I had no idea at all! I go fishing over there every weekend and we tow the ski along.

  9. #9
    I rode my jet ski to work last Friday. Best commute of the year. I dropped it in the water in Westport, CT at the Saugatuck state launch and rode it in Long Island Sound about 15 miles South to Stamford, CT. Best commute of the year.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. advice on cleaning ski's after salt water use
    By izz0 in forum Yamaha How To & FAQs
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-19-2012, 12:44 PM
  2. Hard and salt water protestion for your ski
    By primorxp in forum Sea Doo Build Threads
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-20-2012, 06:42 PM
  3. Falling off your ski and what was the result.
    By bowsniper in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-13-2011, 10:34 PM
  4. When do you put your ski's back in the water? Poll
    By rickreeves1 in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-10-2008, 12:40 PM
  5. Buying a new ski, but what?
    By f150vtx in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-01-2007, 03:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •