Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

from 76.4 to 78.2

last time i posted #'s i was 76.4 i trueded the ride plate and also did waterbox mod like hulks but took of 7 inches of length,today 78.2 best run ,77's all day,but get this i did a couple of runs with out the seat and that thing just jumped to low 80 meaning we really have to find a way to cool down engine compartment, im runing rr ecu,rr i/c ,rivas vortech sc impeller,riva air filter ,waterbox mod , ride plate mod ,10;1 pistons,solas
    14/19 no repitch,i also see that im hiting rev limiter 8450 8400 all the time
    i think i should go for the 15/20 solas any sugestions and or venturi nozzle
    maybe bring down some rpms and get more mph any sugestions?????????

Do you have pics , or a description of your waterbox mod. I'm going to be doing this soon...

congrats on the #'s
    I believe hulk added his venturi and gained a couple mph. I would go with a repitch first then add the venturi after determining the repitch consequences. but I'm not a mod pro.

I'm working on a mod, using a 4" atwood blower and cutting a 4" hole in the back of the ski under the grab bar. I'm going to put an outerwear water resistant pre-filter over it.

Right now I have the 4" blower hooked up and testing hose placement / temperature differences...

I have a 4" hole in the front (opposite side of the gas cap). I am using a water resistant prefilter on it and it works great. Dumped it quite a bit with no water in hull.

since I have the 4" hole for air intake to front, I hooked my air intake up to the front air intake in front of seat using pre-filter.

How did you true your ride plate?

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    if you had a nozzle already.. a venturi... i would say put the nozzle on to bring the RPMS down just a hair.....

but since you don't have a nozzle, seems like a repitch would be cheaper than buying a nozzle.... take your pick either way... it'll take a few attempts at fine tuning probably.

+1
    Great numbers Peter! Glad that ride plate mod helped out there!

CRS, what he means by trueing the rideplate is filling in the 6 bolts holes with filler and making sure the grate is level with the rideplate.

Here is a link showing pics of how i did this.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forum/viewt...ht=grate+trued

Peter, Do you have some pics of your mod's? What did you do to your ride plate? I have about the same mod's as you and I was on the rev limiter @8450 rpms but know can't get over 8150 rpm's. Would like to see how you modified you hull with the 4" holes.

David

+1
    10:1 pistons...is that the only internal engine mod? That's quite a difference, especially since it's a forced induction motor. What all was involved in that?

Hmm, what is the rev limit on a rr ecu, sounds like its 8450 from what you guys sre saying. I ask because a buddy of mine is running one and claims he`s getting 8700 rpm with a 14/19 so is going for 15/20. I wonder if he`s playing with my head?

+1
    It's 8500. He's not running 8700 unless he got an engine management system from Rotax which I don't think is even available to the public yet.

+1
    Peter, what brand are those 10.1 pistons? I haven't heard of anyone running those yet. Where can they be purchased?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information