interesting SL750 problem..

Okay so I have a SL750, I bought the ski last year in a sort of package deal with a sea doo and a trailer. It's 1993 and supposedly has a brand new motor built by a shop on the east coast, that only had maybe 10-20 hours total on it. When I first got the ski it just had the upgraded single outlet fuel pump so I changed it out and went with the triple output. Used the diagram and mounting location etc... from here. I also put on a block off plate and went to pre-mix. She ran great on the trailer but theres no water hook up so there wasn't too much tuning or anything I could do. I bought it late in the season so only had one opportunity to take it out. We went camping for seven days so it was sort of a one shot deal. When I ride it, in a straight line there was no problem and turning right there was no problem; but I kid you not turning left it would die. Every single time, even the slightest left hand turn it would die. If I did turn left and it started dying turning right would fix the probem or pumping the primer would keep it going too (just some added info). I looked it over and found the internal fuel tank nosel was cracked and about 50% of the threads were missing with just extra rubber added to the gasket on top. So I put them in the side yard and they sat until a few weeks ago when I started working on them. I got a new tank and put it in and brought it out today just to day trip. The problem is like 95% fixed. It rode fine and turned left without any issues... But when I would spin it left it would die; spinning right it had no trouble but any really hard lefts it died on me.

Any ideas or problem spots I should look for? The only thing I came up with is the lines that run inside of the tank are just soft fuel lines coming down from the cap, looks like maybe a hardward store special. Does anyone have a picture of what the stock inlet tubes looked like? Thanks for any help/info!

hmm wait did I post this question in the right section? I'm sorry if I'm in the wrong area..

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome

Did you drain the fuel tank or check for water in the tank?
    Is there a water/fuel separator? Is there any water in it?

Have the carbs been taken apart and cleaned?

- Fuel tank is brand new so no water there
    - I don't have a water separater...? actually not sure but I will check tomorrow
    - The carbs were supposed to have been rebuild along with the motor but I haven't taken them apart

+1
    Do you have the (Clunks) on the ends of the pick-up tubes??
    Item #21

Nope, no clunks. My pick up tubes are just soft fuel line too. Would that be the problem?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by youpock View Post
    Nope, no clunks. My pick up tubes are just soft fuel line too. Would that be the problem?

Yes the lines would tend to float. You can install a brass barb fitting to help them sink and stay on the bottom.

Should I replace the lines with something else? Like just normal fuel line? Thanks for all the help.

Thread Information