Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Mods needed for 1200STX-R!

hey guys,

I have an interest in these ski's and I would like to know what it takes to get a 1200STX-R to get to 70mph on GPS.

In the future I might consider owning one of these machines.

Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    +1
    I'm not sure the STX-R is the ski to get high top speed. I notice you have a GPR, I would have thought that is better for top speed.

Most guys I ride with have fast GPR's, but the STX-R will usually pull harder out of the hole and rides better in most water conditions IMO. If that's want you want, the STX-R is great, but if it's top speed I'd say don't do it.

I own an STX-R!

I think you are looking at tripples to get to 70 on the stxr.

If your intrest is topspeed gpr is the best platform you can mod. If you only realy want 70 mph a stxr can do that no problem but with tripple pipes.

+1
    I'm happy with my GPR and have no problems with it at all. I also wanna learn more about these ski's so I can help a friend possibly mod his ski. And in the future I might be an owner of one of these crafts. I know the whole shot on these ski's are AMAZING.. my ski on the other hand is more of a mid range and top end monster.

Several of the mods in the mods thread in my sig will apply to the stxr since they both use the 1200 motor. Johnny5's project thread is also some good info on the stxr platform.

+1
    Basically it wont happen with out them. But a bone stock ski with them will do about 72 maybe a little more maybe a little less. Although if using stock carbs the holeshot will be about the same maybe a little better but once it get going ...away it goes. And a few simple things should really make it go good.

But about 66-68 is all you get with some mods and bolt on's but some handling will be sacrificed in the rougher water. The 04 and newer are the better hulls because the hook was taken out. If older they need to be trued.

Havent tryed a shred plate yet some have had good results

+1
    nice, you have a nice project going on... I checked the thread out.

+1
    Thanks it's on going thats for sure.....

I have more I will be adding soon. And still want to do a all out top end setup with the single pipe ...I know 66 is possible pretty easy and I think with the right stuff 68 could be as well but would be a more glass water and wind ripple water setup for best results but the rough it will not be as good as if it was tamed down a little.

This all includes ride plate, stock grate, wedge some other stuff as well. And a differant prop should help with a mph or a little more but im still CC racing so mainly going with that at the moment ...

I like the hull but if you want that speed and that hull buy a 15f and mod it. I wish the market on 2 strokes was stronger as I am getting ready to sell a STXR in ok shape and an Ultra 150 and am getting depressed at the market prices.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information