Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: P-X Nozzle

+1

P-X Nozzle

Hey All,

I picked up a 04 RXP nozzle and was wondering what kinda of change in RPMs i will see if i put it on my P-X. Mods are Freeflow, 4in Kanaflex, 15/22R prop, R&D grate(the first one). RPMs are now between 8020-8080 on flat water. I havnt seen 8100 ever.

i know i will lose some hole shot, but will essentially pick up top end.

Thoughts?

+1
    doenst make sense your turning that 15/22 just over 8020 with a stock 87mm nozzle, those rpms should line up with that 83mm nozzle you just picked up....deff gain in top speed though.... and on the x models you wana shoot for 8000rpms....

+1
    Yeah i kinda thought i would be turning more RPMs with that prop. but if i throw the RXP nozzle on i am thinking im gonna be way down. Any thought on how i can get the RPMs up with out repitching?

+1
    i would try it and see where the rpms go first....

+1
    You can remove the flamearrestor.

This mod will give some rpm's.

Your rpm's are also affected by the temperature,don't know if you live in a hot climat.

With the same mods i 'm at 8140. temp. 67 degree fahrenheit

Let me know what the results are ,i think you will gain topspeed,
    and loose some holeshot.

+1
    Yeah, the F/A is coming out in the fall. just dont want to start on it now. As for the weather, its been a mild, rainy summer in NJ. i dont even think we have hit 90 yet.

That 15/22 will drop you way down. Going from 87mm to 83mm will cost you 100-200 rpm. Maybe you can get a riva x drop in upgrade wheel and match up rpm just right!

There's no harm in depitching. Prop p-x for 8120-8140....which will give you 8180 in the cold and 8080 in the heat. 8k is too low.

BTW - take a look inside your i/c on the side coming from your supercharger. It's just one clamp. Make sure you are not gunked up with oil. That will cost you 100 rpm's right there.

Brendan

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BDNJ View Post
    That 15/22 will drop you way down. Going from 87mm to 83mm will cost you 100-200 rpm. Maybe you can get a riva x drop in upgrade wheel and match up rpm just right!

well i should be right around 100 hours by the time she goes away for the winter, so the charger will be coming out for a rebuild. It's been in my head.

There's no harm in depitching. Prop p-x for 8120-8140....which will give you 8180 in the cold and 8080 in the heat. 8k is too low.

Thought about that too. im very torn i hear 8000 is money on the x, but then i hear 8100. gonna see what happens this weekend.

BTW - take a look inside your i/c on the side coming from your supercharger. It's just one clamp. Make sure you are not gunked up with oil. That will cost you 100 rpm's right there.

Will do. what do i use to clean it?

Brendan
    Gonna see if can get a little more air in the hull for the intake. Already have 75% of the "intake" plastic tube out

Quote Originally Posted by Laxcrazy23 View Post
    Gonna see if can get a little more air in the hull for the intake. Already have 75% of the "intake" plastic tube out

8100 is a little low. There is a soft limiter @ 8180 and a hard limiter @ 8200. I can feel the timing curve softening around 8160. The more rev the more boost; as long as you don't run out of timing.

I removed my t-x i/c @ 20 hrs and had gunk in there. I simply filled the i/c with gas (as per Les Cooke) and let it soak and repeat. Then rinse and blow out. Huge difference. This works well for an oil clog, but have heard of better solutions with salt corrosion.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BDNJ View Post
    I removed my t-x i/c @ 20 hrs and had gunk in there. I simply filled the i/c with gas (as per Les Cooke) and let it soak and repeat. Then rinse and blow out. Huge difference. This works well for an oil clog, but have heard of better solutions with salt corrosion.
    What is a good way to clean salt corrosion? I took my ic pipes off the other day and there was noticeable salt deposits on my X ic

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information