Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1

Money $pent NOTHING gained!

Just my luck! I put in the RIVA grate and the skegs and finally got a chance to test in glass water and absolutely gained NOTHING! I pretty much lost .4mph! Now, Im down 100 rpms and will change out the wear ring tomorrow. Im spinning 7950-8000 and Im talking about glass water, it cannot get flatter than this! I was down at the keys and will go back on Wednesday and be there till Saturday and need to break 70mph!!!

I had a best of 69.4mph back to back to back on 1 bar of fuel! I was doing 69.5 69.7 before. I do know I lost 100-150 rpms as I mentioned. I took a look at the skegs and I gotta say they really look perfectly straight. I will change out the wear ring and see if that makes it better and if not I will take out the skegs and try again.

Any other suggestions?

I need that 4" intake BAD! THat engine is screaming for more air. I was only doing 68.7mph back to back and took out the glove box and started hitting the 69.4mph. Im thinking of gutting the inside of the glove box and putting the 4" flex tube there. Then when I feel the need fro speed just take out the top of the glove box and have it breathing 100%.....? Good or bad?

+1
    You need to get your RPM's back and that should put you into the 70 mph range.

Wear ring could be the issue here. The grate and skegs wont scrub any RPM's. Unless of course you have the skegs on crooked. You cant go by looking alone, draw a centerline on the rideplate and measure out and make sure the skeg tips are exactly 2 3/4" off of the centerline to make sure the skegs are straight.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk
    You need to get your RPM's back and that should put you into the 70 mph range.

Wear ring could be the issue here. The grate and skegs wont scrub any RPM's. Unless of course you have the skegs on crooked. You cant go by looking alone, draw a centerline on the rideplate and measure out and make sure the skeg tips are exactly 2 3/4" off of the centerline to make sure the skegs are straight.
    Im a bit slow sometimes and this time is one of them! Can you explain a bit more on the drawing a centerline and such...?

+1
    This thread may explain it a bit better:
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9902

Chances are your skegs are fine. They would have to be seriously crooked to scrub any RPM's.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk
    This thread may explain it a bit better:
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9902

Chances are your skegs are fine. They would have to be seriously crooked to scrub any RPM's.
    I think they are fine cuz the ring does seem to have slight damage to it. And it happened after the last weekend ride at Ski Fest '06 and riding through the mangroves!

+1
    I forgot to mention though that the skegs are awesome!

Definately feel like the ski is on rails. Now I gotta get the sponsons to get rid of the ridiculous bouncing on the back seat, or at least make it better.

Scary turns sometimes though!

That thing is flying!!!
    When are you going to do a stage 2 ? You going to do any other mods ?

I should be breaking 70 this weekend after TennesseRXP helps me add metal washers and a Riva SC. Then with Jerry's skegs.... I'll be solo when we do some riding so I'm getting the RXT naked

+1
    Well, Im missing the IC and sponsons for the stage 2. Im getting the sponsons by the end of this month and the IC dont really know if I'll go there. I would rather do the RR ECU and get the shims and spings to be on the safe side. Im just waiting on someone to sell their used RR Stock class for around $8**.00 !

so did you notice a difference when you added the Riva wheel

+1
    Geo, if you had to choose one mod.... the ECU or the Intercooler i recommend going with the intercooler over the ECU. You will notice the most difference.

Then later down the road you could always add the ECU.

Yea, if you were in mangroves your wear ring is probably shot. Once you get that replaced your RPM's will come up and you will be 70+

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information