Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

gp1200 not cranking at all

got water out of my cylinders yesterday had the motor fired up and running, go out today hit the start button and nothing happens at all, the battery is on a charger so i know thats not the problem, where do i start?

+1
    Why did you get water out and how long did you run her after you did.

+1
    Try unpluging the fuse then puting it back in.Hold the mode button on the gauges till they light up then enter a start code.

i submerged my ski over the weekend, i ran it on the hose maybe twice for max of a minute at a time.... wheres the fuse and what is a start code??

Sorry to hear that you may have a seized motor the crank bearings will rust with water in there, try putting a teaspoon of 2 stroke oil down each cylinder and leave the plugs out and get a wooden dowel that will fit in the spark plug hole and try to push the piston down see if they move at all to see if the motor is locked up be careful not to let the dowel fall in, use a long one and be easy not to chip any wood off the dowel you dont want any wood in the motor, after sinking a ski or outboard motor you must get it running that day and run a full tank of gas thru it to dry out the motor i had a freinds boat sink and we got the motor running the same day and it was fine. Gl with it

even on a seized motor wouldnt you be able to hear the starter atleast click or something and try to turn over the motor?

i put oil in the cylinders and pushed down with a flemsy piece of plastic and was able to move the cylinder, so i think its something electrical, i cant find any fuses to check?

+1
    On the electrical box there is a cap that unscrews, this is where the fuse is.

Quote Originally Posted by jiggen01 View Post
    i put oil in the cylinders and pushed down with a flemsy piece of plastic and was able to move the cylinder, so i think its something electrical, i cant find any fuses to check?
    My fuses are at the back of the motor in a black box with the ecu follow the spark plug wires back that is where the fuses are on mine in a round plug you can open not sure on your ski if it is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman View Post
    Try unpluging the fuse then puting it back in.Hold the mode button on the gauges till they light up then enter a start code.
    What's a start code? And if its not a fuse. What else could it be

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information