Polaris ocean pro carbon flame arrestors

For sale a nice barely used (1 season) ocean pro vortex carbon fiber flame arrestors for Polaris triples. They were on a 97 sl1050 and work great and look even better! sold ski so need to sell. make offer thanks! 651-231-3032 located in MN. -Roger

+1
    I'm not good at the whole offer/counter offer thing. How about sending me a PM with how much to need for them.

Ah! Flame arrestors!

So, now that I know that these things are NOT air filters, will changing them to something not stock affect the fuel/air mixture? I'm working on a 1996 Hurricane for a guy and don't want the motor to blow again. The mag side rod let go.

What do you all think of SBT engines? This thing needs a head due to something bouncing around in there, or can the witness marks be cleaned up enough not to wory about preignition from carbon build up?

Thanks!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fourustir View Post
    So, now that I know that these things are NOT air filters, will changing them to something not stock affect the fuel/air mixture? I'm working on a 1996 Hurricane for a guy and don't want the motor to blow again. The mag side rod let go.

What do you all think of SBT engines? This thing needs a head due to something bouncing around in there, or can the witness marks be cleaned up enough not to wory about preignition from carbon build up?

Thanks!
    Welcome to Green Hulk.
    It's probably better to start another thread with questions,but any way. The Hurricane came with the Vortec from the factory,so all adjustments should be from the factory on a Hurricane.
    Usually SBT ain't that great.
    If some thing was bouncing off the head,you need to check the piston pin and rod bearings,the usual suspect.
    Also the carbs could get dity/clogged,the lean condition will melt the piston.
    Replace the head.
    Any pictures?

Thread Information