Never Fast Enough caymanian rida's Avatar

Smile 15f screaming for Air!!!

well I been doing some work lately to get some more top speed out of my bike so I'v been cleaning things up..Like old silicon from around the ride plate and scoop grate and sanding the intake scoops alittle shorter and sanding the ride plate like most of you guys I see have did... well back to my point

Sunday gone riding home I was runing 101 to 100 kilometers on the dash so thats when i decided to do that work then today now I go out to test my work.. ride plate or nothing sealed just bolted up i did not run with my rear seat on...I was goin to gps but it died..which was most of my point for goin but i stayed happy n tested same way so first run I ran 102 kilometers on the dash and felt the improvement in accerleration and the bike felt more smooth.. then my second run i look up over the dash and see 103 then to 105 kiolmeters and it stayed there constantly...what happened to my old 100 kilmeters?The rear seat off made a huge difference and my cleaning and sanding my bike feels much more right now...is my bike still starving for air? only air mod done is the riva filter which as i see loved that rear seat off today and i took out that bucket a long time ago
    what do you think i should do to get more air and more top end my best gps in light chop was 62 but I know I did more than that today

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    I would try the rear bucket filter mod chowski did and see where that gets you, also I would check your speeds with a gps my 12f reads anywhere from 45 to 70 mph in a day

Sean

My display is always the same never changes its allways close and I will go again 2marro with my gps but the bike has a lot more acceleration when it gets the air If I get somthing new i guess the cleaning up and taking of the seat does work even though thats the highest I ever seen my stock display read before how do you change it back to mph on the display I know its not accurate but rather see the mph

Kroth Rocket
    Yes the rear bucket mod by chowski is HIGHLY recommended. I do believe I gained about a 1 mph (not sure about the conversion to kph). The mod is not a kit however. You must buy the parts seperately and they must all be the right size. Not a hard mod once you get the materials. The only thing I am trying to do now is getting more air to that bucket without removing my rear sear. If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them!

yea I just found the thread I see alot of things I can still do and man the 15f loves air!

Quote Originally Posted by caymanian rida View Post
    how do you change it back to mph on the display I know its not accurate but rather see the mph
    While at idle speed press the "mode" button until the total hours comes up. Then press and hold the "set" button. Back to MPH

thanks well I went back out today and found out it is true she is lacking air I gps'd with the seats on and Got 60.5 gps and at 102 kilometers on the display it was really choppy out there today but did not care I took of the seat then and went again felt the acceleration gains again and ran 61 mph on the gps and 102 then 104 kilometers constant on the display. What slows me down alot is my scoop grate but i race cc most of the time or in rough conditions like the chop i had today so i keep it on for hook up so now its back to moding my filter loves fresh air

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Get some prefilter material, then remove the tie downs below the seat on the top deck , cut the "bubble" off of the black piece,glue some of the pre filter material over the hole on the hull, and replace the tie downs..................

I notice that when i step-on gas out of the water you can see the seat is is moving down by almost 1 inch over the oem air box.

i drill 2 holes under the hood on the center of the front storage 1 1/2 in
    i got no water prob with this mod, but still the seat is going down on full acceleration.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra250 Tn View Post
    Get some prefilter material, then remove the tie downs below the seat on the top deck , cut the "bubble" off of the black piece,glue some of the pre filter material over the hole on the hull, and replace the tie downs..................
    yea thats the mod I was thinking about doing next

Thread Information