Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

RXP modifications?

Hey everyone.

I am new to the board and relatively new to the whole PWC world. I have rode them every now and again but have yet to purchase one of my own. I have been riding ATVs my whole life and now I am trying to mix things up a bit.

I know its a little time from now, but I am planning on buying a new RXP next year.
    I have a friend whose uncle has a big head and thinks his old stocker ski is the fastest thing out on the water. I am not even going to tell you guys the speed he said he ran at because it is just ridiculous! I know a stock RXP will blow him off of his ski as it flies past him, but I want completely sink him when the time comes.

I am not a newbie to the whole speed thing and am interested in modding out a RXP to somewhere in the 75-80ish mph range...75 bare minimum, 85 would be REAL nice.

Anyways, what are some cheap tricks out there to get that little extra boost? cut, drill, weld type of things or little 10 dollar rubber hose type of mods? Also bigger more expensive mods. supercharger, intake, exhaust all that good stuff. Like I said, I am new to this and really dont know what is a good product out there.
    Lets say I have about 5 to 6 grand to spend for modifcations, not including weight reduction stuff like a hood and whatnot, just strictly performance and handling. Whats the way to go? Oh yea, almost forgot, I weigh about 180 pounds if that helps for anything.

+1
    Welcome to the forum. You have come to the right place. 5 or 6 grand should get you above the 75 mph mark and probably more.

Thanks Insanediego-RXP. This place does seem full of information. I forgot to mention that I would like to go fast, but I would still like to use it for recreational purposes. Something that I can still play around on; jumping wakes and all those little things. I don't mind that it would have to run on premium 93 or anthing, all of my other toys all ready run on that stuff.

Whats up with that RIVA stage 3 kit? would it fit my application, or is too much; more of a kit for racers? If it would be a good choice for what I want, whats the horsepower and mph gain from it?

I'm just a bored guy that likes to throw money, that I dont have, at things to have fun.

+1
    Well, Greenhulks ski is a rec ski. I think he is around 80 mph and rides it like he stole it. Keep in mind whenever you mod any stock ski you are increasing the chance of a failure. This is in general terms so I dont get flamed.

FYI, you can get everything you need in the online store right here on this site.

The riva stage III will get you to about 80. I think its about $6500

The stage II will do it for you plus a couple of other minor cheap mods.

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...products_id=19

What is your friend's uncle's old stocker? You may be able to do nothing or just a little bit to blow him away.

Yea, I was browsing the store....lots of stuff....
    Wish I knew more about some of the terminology used. I feel like a fish out of water.....
    ....hahaha...haha......ha........ha....
    c'mon...that was funny...

I only know ATVs...
    I'm doing lots of researching though.
    I know that if you add lots of modifications that you run a higher risk of blowing something up, that is why I would like something that I can get a lot of power out of but still use for recreational leisure stuff.

I'll send greenhulk a message, see what he has to say.

Kit Performance Data

Stock
    67~68 MPH @ 8,100 RPM

Stage I Kit
    72 MPH @ 8,100 RPM

Stage II Kit 75 MPH @ 8,100 RPM

Stage III Kit 80+ MPH @ 8,400 RPM

Quote Originally Posted by jack
    The riva stage III will get you to about 80. I think its about $6500

The stage II will do it for you plus a couple of other minor cheap mods.

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...products_id=19

What is your friend's uncle's old stocker? You may be able to do nothing or just a little bit to blow him away.
    I am not sure, my friend doesn't know either. I have a picture somewhere that shows what it is. I believe its like a mid, late 90s polaris, but I would have to double check...
    I know for a fact I wont have to do any mods on an RXP to beat him, I just want to make him cry pretty much....I can be so cruel sometimes...
    and besides, I am sort of a speed freak, so I am not doing this just to beat him, I am doing this just because I like the rush.

since he has an old Polaris you will be able to spank him rather badly. I wouldnt do any mods and just beat him stock. Then he will really cry and have no excuses about you modding it. Then mod it, give him a head start and really really shallack him.

If your Uncles ski is bone stock,a stock rxp will shame him no problemo,trust me.Mine is not even pulling max rpms lately (get it out of the shop today though,hopefully it is fixed),and still beats everything on the lake here.
    Last edited by BertInTexas; 08-01-2006 at 11:42 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information