Thread: 09/Rxp-x Mods

09/Rxp-x Mods

Been reading for days now..gathering as much info. as my brain can take...fantastic site!!!...I'm pretty new to the world of mods...so i would like
    to get some clarification if possible....I have a 09/Rxp-x with 8 hours on it...love it...just installed a Worx grate...so the next thing i would like to do is the
    Fizzle 4" air intake kit

is this feasible with this ski?

and finally for now i would like to swap out props...looks to me like the solas 15/22 is the way to go.....sound right?.....and will i be able to install it on my ski?...should i be contacting solas for this answer?..I had read in another thread about this question but i don't think there was ever a clear answer on that......I will take any other advice that's out there as well....Thanx

Gord

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Raventech View Post
    Been reading for days now..gathering as much info. as my brain can take...fantastic site!!!...I'm pretty new to the world of mods...so i would like
    to get some clarification if possible....I have a 09/Rxp-x with 8 hours on it...love it...just installed a Worx grate...so the next thing i would like to do is the
    Fizzle 4" air intake kit

is this feasible with this ski?

and finally for now i would like to swap out props...looks to me like the solas 15/22 is the way to go.....sound right?.....and will i be able to install it on my ski?...should i be contacting solas for this answer?..I had read in another thread about this question but i don't think there was ever a clear answer on that......I will take any other advice that's out there as well....Thanx

Gord
    Fizzle 4" will work. Gonna need to get a catch can.
    You can do the prop yourself, but your gonna need a large Hex head (12mm i think) also going to need the prop tool in the store. May also need a wear ring too since the prop is changing. Maybe some people in your area willing to help out. Good Luck

Ok fantastic..i'm going to order that kit soon...can someone explain the catchcan...do i really need this with an intake change?...where is it meant to be installed?

I'm not running a catch can with my Kanaflex. I saw on this site where it was suggested to put a slit in the Kanaflex hose, and pop the stock vent hose into the slit. Seems to work great.

i make, break, and fix things 08255's Avatar
    congrats on buying the sickest ski out there right now. get that thing broken in first! after the 8-10 hour mark it will really open up...the 15/22 is what you want. i myself dont have it yet and have a best mp @ 74.4 with garmin gps.

+1
    what does a BONE STOCK RXP-X run on gps before.. .and after break-in?

Thread Information