Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Best New High Speed Run On My 99 Ultra 150

Although the winds were crappy yesterday, I will still able to find a calm spot back in a creek to run the Ultra.

My first run I netted 64.2 which beat my previous 63.6mph run. This was with a full tank of gas and oil and very very little chop.

Run #2 mid day was 65.4mph same conditions with about 1/2 tank of gas.

Final #3 was 65.6 mph still with 1/2 tank of gas and calm water.

Ultra 150 Mods:

Shred-Master Ride Plate
    DIY Intake Grate Mod
    Beach House Sponsons
    ADA 42cc Head
    WSM Plat. Pistons (if that even matters)
    R&D Nozzle

I still want to reseal the ride plate and do a lot more smoothing on the intake grate. I am really hoping to get 67mph out of it. I think once I get a much better seal on the intake grate I will be able to pick up a few tenths of a mph.

On an off topic note, does anyone else have a really "loose" feeling in their steering? My steering has a lot of play in it and the ski likes to guide itself left also.

Not bad #s I think you got some left in there somewhere.

You may want to tighten the large black nut on the bottom of your steering column. That will tighten up the steering or at worst you can replace the steering bushings.

Quote Originally Posted by btldigger View Post
    Not bad #s I think you got some left in there somewhere.

You may want to tighten the large black nut on the bottom of your steering column. That will tighten up the steering or at worst you can replace the steering bushings.
    I think maybe once I reseal the ride plate and smooth out the intake grate it will pick up a little. I think the carbs are dumping a little too much fuel and making ti run rich, but Id rather be a little rich than a little lean.

I'll check the black nut on the steering column this weekend.

Captain Insano Shows No Mercy! turbo17's Avatar
    These #'s were GPS right? I just got my GPS and gonna test it next week. Anyways take off the seat and do some runs with less than a 1/3 - 1/4 of gas and see what you get with the trim all the way up and let here rip.

Quote Originally Posted by turbo17 View Post
    These #'s were GPS right? I just got my GPS and gonna test it next week. Anyways take off the seat and do some runs with less than a 1/3 - 1/4 of gas and see what you get with the trim all the way up and let here rip.

Yeah I bought a Garmin Etrex from Best Buy. The speedo on the ski doesnt work anyways.

Id have to think about taking the seat off, seems like cheating lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid AWD View Post
    Although the winds were crappy yesterday, I will still able to find a calm spot back in a creek to run the Ultra.

My first run I netted 64.2 which beat my previous 63.6mph run. This was with a full tank of gas and oil and very very little chop.

Run #2 mid day was 65.4mph same conditions with about 1/2 tank of gas.

Final #3 was 65.6 mph still with 1/2 tank of gas and calm water.

Ultra 150 Mods:

Shred-Master Ride Plate
    DIY Intake Grate Mod
    Beach House Sponsons
    ADA 42cc Head
    WSM Plat. Pistons (if that even matters)
    R&D Nozzle

I still want to reseal the ride plate and do a lot more smoothing on the intake grate. I am really hoping to get 67mph out of it. I think once I get a much better seal on the intake grate I will be able to pick up a few tenths of a mph.

On an off topic note, does anyone else have a really "loose" feeling in their steering? My steering has a lot of play in it and the ski likes to guide itself left also.

There is plenty more speed left in her. Make sure the plate is sealed correctly. Make sure you do topspeed testing with the gas buzzer going off and on nothing but glass. Remove front storage bucket!. Do btldiggers air mods they realy work. Try to be consistant with all these variables.

Lol I got my "stock" 00 to 66.5 with 2/3 tank of gas. Only mods are the stock grate mod and the extended nozel. I got 1.3 mph out of the nozel. I still got the plate, mod carbs and cut heads to go. Plus I havent done the the trim or air mods yet. All those small details matter

Lol I got my "stock" 00 to 66.5 with 2/3 tank of gas. Only mods are the stock grate mod and the extended nozel. I got 1.3 mph out of the nozel. I still got the plate, mod carbs and cut heads to go. Plus I havent done the the trim or air mods yet. All those small details matter
    Damn that's pretty impressive.

It got better yesterday. I added the shredmaster plate and got 67.3 and still had more than 1/2 tank of gas in it

It got better yesterday. I added the shredmaster plate and got 67.3 and still had more than 1/2 tank of gas in it
    That's sweet. I think I need to check the wear ring when I take the intake grate and ride plate back off. I'm sure it could use a new one, but I could be wrong.

I honestly don't care to go much faster on the Ultra, it's fast enough and scary enough. I almost lost it hard going on my 65.4 run when I didn't see boat wake. I was a little shaken up from the near fall but after a minute or two and a throbbing set of toes, I was alright and able to run the 65.6.

I wonder how much thinning the intake grate "fins" would help. I didn't really touch those other than putting a slightly better edge on them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information