Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    PR
    Posts
    91

    GP1300R haunted outside the water but not in?!? help!!

    ok i have been having a few minor problems with my ski. i put it on the yds and everything electrical is fine, i checked compression on the cylinders and everything else there is just to make sure. now in the water my ski is perfect, accelerates great, average top end, always turns on at the push of the button. but when i flush the motor and open the throttle a bit, it starts to rev by itself even when i let go of the throttle. any ideas as to what is going on?!


  2. #2
    WATER WOODY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Minden, Nevada, United States
    Posts
    10,664
    +1
    11
    Have you done the throttle cable recall from Yamaha? Throttle cable 'could' be going.

    Have you done any mods to it other than whats in your sig? If so,list them.Could also be an air leak.

    Im not sure if the stepper motor could cause this either.Rossnemo could answer this.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    PR
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by WATER WOODY View Post
    Have you done the throttle cable recall from Yamaha? Throttle cable 'could' be going.

    Have you done any mods to it other than whats in your sig? If so,list them.Could also be an air leak.

    Im not sure if the stepper motor could cause this either.Rossnemo could answer this.
    forgot to mention the nose in there also riva. i havent had a chance to get the new cable put it, dealers here are a pain to deal with. but could it be the cable? in the water it runs perfect

  4. #4
    Happily Self-Employed WFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    12,801
    +1
    450
    they all run crappy on the trailer

    motor is designed to be loaded (like in the water)

  5. #5
    WATER WOODY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Minden, Nevada, United States
    Posts
    10,664
    +1
    11
    I was under the impression that it ran away,sorry for the confusion.Whats the rpm on the trailer when it revs up?

    Like Rich said,they will idle up without a load on the motor.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    PR
    Posts
    91
    the rpms go anywhere between 3800 and 5000, but no higher than that. im guessing it isnt a big problem because it only happens on the trailer but i want to be sure before i take it out on the water and hike a few miles out in the ocean

  7. #7
    Goliath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Morehead City, NC / Stow, OH
    Posts
    758
    Quote Originally Posted by GPRinPR View Post
    ok i have been having a few minor problems with my ski. i put it on the yds and everything electrical is fine, i checked compression on the cylinders and everything else there is just to make sure. now in the water my ski is perfect, accelerates great, average top end, always turns on at the push of the button. but when i flush the motor and open the throttle a bit, it starts to rev by itself even when i let go of the throttle. any ideas as to what is going on?!
    This happens to me too. I was told that there is a bushing in the carb that swells up (when the motor gets hot).

    Does your throttle stick? Like if you pull on it, the cable doesn't go back to idle?

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    PR
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by Goliath View Post
    This happens to me too. I was told that there is a bushing in the carb that swells up (when the motor gets hot).

    Does your throttle stick? Like if you pull on it, the cable doesn't go back to idle?
    yea it does actually, but that happens when i havent used it for some time and was told that problem was related to the recall. am i wrong?

  9. #9
    Goliath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Morehead City, NC / Stow, OH
    Posts
    758
    Take a look at this thread.

    WOW. I just read all of my posts again, and I was REALLY ignorant.

    EDIT: I guess they fixed this problem in the '02 (see post #16). So, it is probably not the cause of your issue.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    PR
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by Goliath View Post
    Take a look at this thread.

    WOW. I just read all of my posts again, and I was REALLY ignorant.

    EDIT: I guess they fixed this problem in the '02 (see post #16). So, it is probably not the cause of your issue.
    ...

    for a sec i thought i had finally found the solution to it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 900 ZXI runs fine on the trailer but not in the water...
    By An82Mustang in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-08-2013, 09:26 AM
  2. 95 seadoo xp. runs out of water but not in
    By dp154 in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-14-2010, 12:04 PM
  3. Time to get back in the water... but not sure what to buy?
    By r33pwrd in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-28-2010, 03:59 PM
  4. 97 pro 785 runs good out of water but not in
    By bidwell785 in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-16-2007, 12:48 PM
  5. Runs on trailer but not in the water
    By mkulczyckyj in forum Polaris How To & FAQs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-11-2007, 12:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •