Thread: What mod next?

What mod next?

So I got my 96XP running pretty well, it was turning 6920-6940 rpm this past sunday. So far I just have Pro-K filters and rejetted carbs (primer too, if that matters, lol). Now I'm looking for what to do next. Ideally, I want to improve my holeshot, I am pretty happy with the top end for now. I have a baby due in Dec. so I can't go crazy. So far the ideas I'm tossing around are...(Not all these at once, just looking at what will give me some good bang for the buck )

Milled Head - where and how much $?
    Hard jet the exhaust - stock pipe worth it?
    impeller - Solas XO?
    pipe (doubt I can swing the cash for that right now) - Rossier?

something else?

+1
    4tec from RXP.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by BLK MAJK View Post

Milled Head - where and how much $?
    Hard jet the exhaust - stock pipe worth it?
    impeller - Solas XO?
    pipe (doubt I can swing the cash for that right now) - Rossier?

something else?
    I would get a buckshot/miller head with removable domes. 43cc is what you want to be able to run pump gas. I picked mine up from here for I think 150 bucks last year. Haven't put it on yet.

You will get mixed responses on whether you should jet your pipe or not. Personally I'm going to this winter. It's a good idea to get a transparent filter for your water intake to stop sand/dirt from clogging your cooling and sinking your ski. All you need to know about doing it is in the 97 seadoo racing manual that is in a sticky on the top of the page. Only thing you can add is a jetworks valve for the waterbox jet.

A XO is a great prop when combined with the R&D 88/85 nozzles. 96XPSS advises that the stock prop is probably the best prop for a mostly stock boat. I'm sure he will chime in if that's incorrect.

As far as pipes go FP Spec2 > Coffman > FP Spec1 > most other pipes from what I have read.

Do you have sponsons? You can pick up used ones for under a 100 bucks and they make a hellova difference. You can literally turn on a dime with them! I'm hitting 57.9 gps with a stock ski, no grate, and worx sponsons set on the medium setting so they don't cut that much speed off.

Quote Originally Posted by DooMeister View Post
    I would get a buckshot/miller head with removable domes. 43cc is what you want to be able to run pump gas. I picked mine up from here for I think 150 bucks last year. Haven't put it on yet.

You will get mixed responses on whether you should jet your pipe or not. Personally I'm going to this winter. It's a good idea to get a transparent filter for your water intake to stop sand/dirt from clogging your cooling and sinking your ski. All you need to know about doing it is in the 97 seadoo racing manual that is in a sticky on the top of the page. Only thing you can add is a jetworks valve for the waterbox jet.

A XO is a great prop when combined with the R&D 88/85 nozzles. 96XPSS advises that the stock prop is probably the best prop for a mostly stock boat. I'm sure he will chime in if that's incorrect.

As far as pipes go FP Spec2 > Coffman > FP Spec1 > most other pipes from what I have read.

Do you have sponsons? You can pick up used ones for under a 100 bucks and they make a hellova difference. You can literally turn on a dime with them! I'm hitting 57.9 gps with a stock ski, no grate, and worx sponsons set on the medium setting so they don't cut that much speed off.
    Planning on sending my head to PPG to be milled for mroe compression. I was watching a Coffman pipe on ebay, forgot about it, and it sold for $100 . I have Worx sponsons on my ski right now (medium setting), actaully had to re-fiberglass the hole where one of the bolts ripped thru (it was s shitty repair job from previous owner that obviously didn't work and I took on a ton of water). With just my Pro-K's and no grate it GPS'ed at 58.2 Saturday in a slight chop with my fat ass on it.

Thread Information