where can i get a rebuilt 215hp 4-tec long block?

As some of you may already know, my 07 rxp broke the cam chain while out riding a few days ago. I am assuming the engine suffered some sort of internal damage because I was at WOT and 8100rpms when it happened. Is there anywhere, besides SBT, where I can get a rebuilt rxp SC 215hp long block. Does BRP offer rebuilt engines w/ core exchange program? I really don't want to use SBT becuase I heard they don't use OEM parts and have reliability issues. What are my options? Thanks.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangtw View Post
    As some of you may already know, my 07 rxp broke the cam chain while out riding a few days ago. I am assuming the engine suffered some sort of internal damage because I was at WOT and 8100rpms when it happened. Is there anywhere, besides SBT, where I can get a rebuilt rxp SC 215hp long block. Does BRP offer rebuilt engines w/ core exchange program? I really don't want to use SBT becuase I heard they don't use OEM parts and have reliability issues. What are my options? Thanks.
    Have you split the case to see if block is ok or damaged. You can replace everthing else if the block is ok.

No, the engine is still in the ski. Far as I got was taking the valve cover off and seeing the broken chain. I don't think the block got damaged at all. Probably just the head and maybe a piston or two if the valves hit the top of them. Anyone else have a cam chain break on a 215 motor before? What usually gets damaged?

+1
    No, the engine is still in the ski. Far as I got was taking the valve cover off and seeing the broken chain. I don't think the block got damaged at all. Probably just the head and maybe a piston or two if the valves hit the top of them. Anyone else have a cam chain break on a 215 motor before? What usually gets damaged?

I suggest to take the head off you probably have a damage intake/exhaust valves and and also inspect the pistons as well. You really have to take the motor apart so you can have an idea if the motor could be rebuild or maybe buy a complete 2006-2007 used motor with low hours which it would the best way and cheapest way.

+1
    I heard ppg does it- give them a call

+1

If your block and crank is ok then your alot cheaper and beater off replacing the other parts needed even if it needs a bore and new pistions.

I have heard of cam chains breaking but is always because something getting lodged in chain. Pull Pto cover and see if any of the fly wheel bolts are missing.

Thread Information