Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Columbus Ohio
    Posts
    116

    School me on 42 lb injectors

    I have heard that there are more "generic" injectors that can be bought. Are there any cheaper alternatives to what is known?

    Can anyone tell me the differences if any, to the stock X injectors and the ones sold in the store and others that might be out there?


  2. #2
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,202
    +1
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by XChris1632X View Post
    I have heard that there are more "generic" injectors that can be bought. Are there any cheaper alternatives to what is known?

    Can anyone tell me the differences if any, to the stock X injectors and the ones sold in the store and others that might be out there?
    Do not look for a generic injector that might work... just to save a few bucks! If an injector fails... it will cost you several thousand more to rebuild your engine

  3. #3
    nini engineering's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Croatia & Germany
    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyRXP View Post
    Do not look for a generic injector that might work... just to save a few bucks! If an injector fails... it will cost you several thousand more to rebuild you engine
    Thats right....

    I got the 42lb X Injektors (BOSCH), they work werry well!!!
    and the body got no metal, only plastic, its better at the sea - no problem with corrosion...

  4. #4
    nini engineering's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Croatia & Germany
    Posts
    149
    ...here is an photo...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	42er.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	234.3 KB 
ID:	141911  

  5. #5
    Hydrotoys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    16,712
    +1
    85
    Aren't there spray pattern differences too?

  6. #6
    mrbtd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Lindenhurst, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    4,309
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotoys View Post
    Aren't there spray pattern differences too?
    YES !

  7. #7
    nini engineering's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Croatia & Germany
    Posts
    149
    The injectors use a multi-hole disc fuel delivery nozzle with a wide cone spray for maximum fuel atomization.


  8. #8
    JFizzleJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    8,628
    +1
    808
    Quote Originally Posted by nini engineering View Post
    The injectors use a multi-hole disc fuel delivery nozzle with a wide cone spray for maximum fuel atomization.
    same as any 42# injector I've ever had my hands on

  9. #9
    nini engineering's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Croatia & Germany
    Posts
    149
    they got 4 spray holes, i see ohers here in germany with 3 holes, i think there is a difference...???

  10. #10
    R88ory RXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kent, England
    Posts
    2,737
    +1
    46
    My 42s have 6 holes. got them from Jerry. R88

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. School me on fuel pressure, injector size, and afr's
    By keit29 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-07-2012, 08:53 PM
  2. 42 lb. Injector Question
    By Ultra/RXP in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-26-2007, 03:55 PM
  3. 42 lb injectors & S3 SC vs fuel mileage
    By lafjax in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-11-2007, 09:52 PM
  4. 42 LB injectors
    By shhr in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-26-2006, 05:50 PM
  5. 42 LB injectors
    By shhr in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-19-2006, 09:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •