Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Really Quick Question...

I recently reinforced the pump tunnel on my 2000 GP1200R. I had to grind quite a bit of fiberglass away from one side to fit the hull insert. I don't know if I grinded too much, and maybe cracked the tunnel?

I took the ski out today and rode for about 5 minutes. I came in and checked the water level. There is about 2 inches in the back (right next to the tunnel). Is that a normal water level, or do I have a leak?

I will try to get a picture, but the camera fogs up right when I go outside...

This is the best I could do...

You have a leak man, I ride my ski hard in choppy waters at times, and my ski is bone dry, so I would check your area on the bottom and maybe on the outside of the pump?

+1
    Water can be coming from a different place also. Did you use the newer style shoe brackets? Did you replace the ride plate/trim tab brackets? A picture of water in your hull wont help us find your leak. You can raise the front of the ski on the trailer and start putting water inside the hull and see if it leaks out to help determine the source.You can take the battery box out and back the ski in the water (make sure its dry inside) and check. You can ride the ski and feel the water when it enters the hull,warm/hot water is a leak from the engine somewere on the discharge side,cool/cold water is coming from a number of other places. Too many variables, take the time and rule one thing out at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by WATER WOODY View Post
    Did you use the newer style shoe brackets?
    Yes
    Did you replace the ride plate/trim tab brackets?
    No, should I have?
    Could I hook the ski up to the hose to see if water comes out of the exhaust?

How much 5200 was I supposed to apply. I didn't even use half of the 3 oz. tube. Maybe I will put some more around the outside edges of the inserts.

Someone in the reinforcement thread just asked if I "Sealed the pump shoe?"I didn't...

dont take this the wrong way, but you need to start reading and then read some more! All the information you need is on the pages of this website. Step by step instructions for pump reinforcement and pump sealing. Before starting any mod, research the hell out of it! I know I would have used alot more than 1.5 oz. of 5200 on a pump renforce....but thats just me. Fill the hull up with water about 3-4" and see where the water comes out. If nothing, more than likely a cooling line or clamp is loose.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Goliath View Post
    How much 5200 was I supposed to apply. I didn't even use half of the 3 oz. tube. Maybe I will put some more around the outside edges of the inserts.

3 oz is not much. I will use about 6-7 oz from a 10oz tube on the shoe alone! Tansome plate,and pump reinforcment,brackets etc.... ill go through about 25oz or so,just off memory.
    RHeller is right, do some research using the search feature,there is tons of info for you.Good luck and keep us posted, we are here to help.

Quote Originally Posted by RHeller1 View Post
    dont take this the wrong way, but you need to start reading and then read some more! All the information you need is on the pages of this website. Step by step instructions for pump reinforcement and pump sealing. Before starting any mod, research the hell out of it! I know I would have used alot more than 1.5 oz. of 5200 on a pump renforce....but thats just me. Fill the hull up with water about 3-4" and see where the water comes out. If nothing, more than likely a cooling line or clamp is loose.
    I read every page on the pump tunnel reinforcement thread.

I DID my research. I just second guess myself a lot. I haven't really done much on waverunners, seeing as I'm only 16.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information