canadian iceman
    +1

help with rotax racing pump??

i have bought a RR pump for my rxpx...the boat has these mods, et-extreme charger, 48 lb injectors, kanaflex air, riva exhaust kit(resinator elimination), sponsons, grate etc. My question is...with the stock pump i have the solas 15x22r and that setup works wicked!!! my question is...can i use any prop in the RR pump??...what would be a good start point for this pump for closed course racing/?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by IM2FAST4U View Post
    i have bought a RR pump for my rxpx...the boat has these mods, et-extreme charger, 48 lb injectors, kanaflex air, riva exhaust kit(resinator elimination), sponsons, grate etc. My question is...with the stock pump i have the solas 15x22r and that setup works wicked!!! my question is...can i use any prop in the RR pump??...what would be a good start point for this pump for closed course racing/?
    I dont see why you can't. Which RR pump do you have?

canadian iceman
    +1
    pump is a 16 vein 159mm and utilizes stock drive shaft....prop is ??? and needs to be less pitch on top and more pitch out of the hole....with my existing setup

Yes you can use any 215/255hp impeller in that pump. Due to the difference in flow with the RR pump, the 15/22 might or might not be the best. The impellers that RR offers are Skat 13/18, 15/19, 15/20, & 15/21. Going off of those Skat porps, I'd say the 15/22 willprobably work well.

Might be interetested in buying your stock pump. It's the housing with the veins in it near the wear ring right? Can you post a pic so I can figure out what the hell I'm doing. I always seem to eat rocks. Why me lord?

+1
    the 15/22R Riva prop i dropped in the Rotax pump when i had it before Corey got it worked great....your prop may need tweaked a bit to your set up but should ROCK SOCKS! BET!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by crueldude View Post
    Might be interetested in buying your stock pump. It's the housing with the veins in it near the wear ring right? Can you post a pic so I can figure out what the hell I'm doing. I always seem to eat rocks. Why me lord?
    Do you beach your ski?

Yeah but I'm careful beaching. Ate rocks in a sort of shallow area exploring. Bottom changed for 3 feet of sand to 2 feet of gravelly crap in a second and couldn't see it.

You can hqve your vanes welded up and re shaped perfectly. Dont ask how i know that..

Thread Information