Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    tweeder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kitimat B.C.
    Posts
    188

    turboing a slt750

    Can it be done? What was used and how'd she go? What's the reliability?


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    topeka,ks
    Posts
    3,332
    id never seen a two stroke turbo before , youv been dipping in the 4tec sections keep water out of the exhuast would be tricky

  3. #3
    Plrs X45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Joliet, Il
    Posts
    357
    +1
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by tweeder View Post
    Can it be done? What was used and how'd she go? What's the reliability?
    It may be easier and cheaper to get a MSX 110 or 150.

  4. #4
    tweeder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kitimat B.C.
    Posts
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone1050 View Post
    id never seen a two stroke turbo before , youv been dipping in the 4tec sections keep water out of the exhuast would be tricky

    They've done snowmobiles before.

  5. #5
    PolarisNut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Lower Michigan
    Posts
    1,809
    Turbo 2 strokes are nothing new...lots of sleds with turbos...watercraft will be a different story. Not only do you have to water cool the turbo, but it will have to be run with a dry pipe...don't want to pump water through the turbine wheel. You will also have to find a way to properly fuel the motor. If you pump pressurized air into the intake of the carbs, little to no fuel will flow from the jets, since the air pressure is higher than the fuel pressure. Snowmobile carbs are a different type, but still require modifications for boost. This is just the beginning...try tuning one if you're not a 2 stroke guru...not easy to keep them running reliably, for most.

  6. #6
    tweeder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kitimat B.C.
    Posts
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by PolarisNut View Post
    Turbo 2 strokes are nothing new...lots of sleds with turbos...watercraft will be a different story. Not only do you have to water cool the turbo, but it will have to be run with a dry pipe...don't want to pump water through the turbine wheel. You will also have to find a way to properly fuel the motor. If you pump pressurized air into the intake of the carbs, little to no fuel will flow from the jets, since the air pressure is higher than the fuel pressure. Snowmobile carbs are a different type, but still require modifications for boost. This is just the beginning...try tuning one if you're not a 2 stroke guru...not easy to keep them running reliably, for most.

    Ok you scared me

  7. #7
    She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cleveland OH
    Posts
    17,330
    +1
    31
    RLHarrison is selling a N.O.S. kit if you want to try something different.

  8. #8
    tweeder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kitimat B.C.
    Posts
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    RLHarrison is selling a N.O.S. kit if you want to try something different.
    How much extra hp and what's the relialability on the motor on that?

  9. #9
    She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cleveland OH
    Posts
    17,330
    +1
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by tweeder View Post
    How much extra hp and what's the relialability on the motor on that?
    ??????????

  10. #10
    tweeder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kitimat B.C.
    Posts
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    ??????????

    How much of a hp shot 100?, 200?, 300? That would be nice I'm guessing a 20 or so. How long will the motor last before a rebuild because of the nos.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. polaris slt750 turbo noises
    By mrvb1969 in forum Polaris How To & FAQs
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-01-2008, 10:41 PM
  2. Intercoolers - Rotax Racing v. Turbo Tech
    By Jarrett in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 04-18-2007, 08:31 PM
  3. Interesting pic *Turbo 15F*
    By Green Hulk in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 11-18-2005, 05:11 PM
  4. Question People Running Attwood Turbo Blowers
    By 1FastTrespiper in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 08-17-2005, 10:40 AM
  5. Intercooler from Turbo Tech
    By Compwhiz82 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-18-2005, 12:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •