Thread: Weekend update request 7/17
07-17-2009, 11:29 PM #1
Weekend update request 7/17
..This week ,I have commented on a larger than normal amount of posts by fellows needing advice...
One thing I have noticed, that is almost always lacking on these sites, is that fellows ask opinions on what to do to fix their ski's ,but almost never replys back with what they did to fix or the steps they took to get to the final solution...this leaves treads open ended as to what the final repair was.....
Please!! Dont leave Us Guessing...We learn from EVERYONES experiments and repairs...
Pipe up, tell us whats up,What's fixed your ski....
It is True,this is not the ideal place to be posting this info...that the original thread would be the ideal place to close the thread, but, this recap page can be used in this way, along with posting other news of your weeks work..thanks ...
07-17-2009, 11:36 PM #2
please feel free to ask me any questions. Just have been too busy lately to post. Let me know.
07-18-2009, 10:01 AM #3
Been working on my bike....It is near to an end...Just waiting on my block to be bored, which wont happen till Tuesday. So guess I wont be on the water till late next week. However, I do have a question:
(1) Torquing....when putting the engine together, do I have to torque the bolts specifically or do I just make all of them good and tight?
(2) If to torque, what legnth rachet to use? How do I know if it is torqued correctly?
07-18-2009, 12:09 PM #4
Torque the bolts to the spec listed in the manuals. You will have to buy a torque wrench to know if they are torqued properly.
07-18-2009, 12:14 PM #5
I just got back from breaking in my ski a little bit. I took her out Thursday for 20 min and didn't go fast at all, just kept it under 4k rpm while varying the throttle. Today i took it out for another 20 min but went to half throttle. She feels real strong, it 45.7mph on the gps. I ended up going with 110 pilots and 140 mains right now and seems to be pretty close to on but i wont know until i break it in more and tune it. I didn't get a vid of it running though unfortunately.
07-18-2009, 03:12 PM #6
Well got my B1 back from getting painted. Got the dk. Gray B stock from wammer this morning. Thats all completed. So all I have left is the seat, hood seal, and reg. #'s. Getting ancy, I want ride this thing in the surf.
07-18-2009, 06:41 PM #7
Took mine out today for about 3 hours. On the advice of NJJER, I adjusted my lows a certain way, and did fine adjustments while out on the water. The way I had the lows set, it was choking to death on fuel. I guess I had the lows way too rich!
I am still dealing with the pinging. It is driving me nuts... I have to wait until next weekend to buy the Sunoco 110 to rule out detonation.
Other than that, I am pleased with the way it has turned out so far...
Last edited by OBXJeepGuy; 07-19-2009 at 06:58 PM.
07-18-2009, 10:50 PM #8
Went out on Thursday ran the 99 Gerry came and shot some video he rode it and loved it.
I went out today and rode the 99 I saw a max of 7550/7560 rpm it has been down on comp and I have a leak down under the foot well in my 2 into 1 pipe that I need to address so I can run with the seat on.
So I have parked the 99 for a whille and will be working with the 97 for now.
I took the battery out of the 99 and put it in the 97.Went out and started to heat cycle the rings.Did 1/4 throttle and started 1/2 throttle cycles,I will 1/2 throttle heat cycle for the rings for 15 20 min next time out before continuing on.After hearing the howl of the pipes with the seat off the 97 was so quiet.
97 did great today she should run good it was nice to have some turning ability the stock sponsons on the 99 suck.
Give me a week and the 97 will be looking for a victim it will have Pro design head unknown comp no porting stock crank stock cdi stock ride plate and grate stock exit nozzle and a aftermarket imp
I think theres a Skat 14/20 in there now it was hooking up nice but I will run a solas prop bent to keep me under the limiter.
Should run about 60 mph who wants some
07-19-2009, 06:58 PM #9
Aaaaaand went out again today. Still hearing this pinging which is annoying the crap outta me. Still have to wait til next Friday to buy Sunoco 110 as they charge $6.99 a gallon for it here. I figure I will just buy 5 gallons of it, and go for a ride and see what happens.
07-19-2009, 07:45 PM #10
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By NJJer in forum Yamaha Old School SkisReplies: 7Last Post: 05-17-2009, 07:05 PM
By w/rpm500 in forum Yamaha Old School SkisReplies: 15Last Post: 05-12-2009, 05:07 AM
By w/rpm500 in forum Yamaha Old School SkisReplies: 8Last Post: 05-03-2009, 05:00 PM
By w/rpm500 in forum Yamaha Old School SkisReplies: 8Last Post: 04-27-2009, 10:31 AM
By LANCE in forum Polaris Open DiscussionReplies: 12Last Post: 12-14-2006, 07:40 PM