Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Captain's Ultra 150 Mikuni project

Well it has been a tough battle getting these things on. Still have the linkage to get done. I have some parts to make it myself and Steve from SkiWorx is trying to get me a set in time for my next race. I will post some pictures next week of the project.

So far the carbs are rebuilt and the oil injection fittings are pressed into the intakes. All the studs are reomoved from the case and the stock reed stuffers are removed and the R&D installed.

I blocked off the fuel pumps and will be running a remote pump so that still need to be mounted.

Here are a few ideas for you. I run 2 of the mikuni pentagon pumps I think the model is a df-62. You may want to do a fuel / air seperator since you are racing in rough water on low fuel. I made mine it has 4 inputs 3 outputs. The return comes out the top and the barb is tapped for a mikuni main jet, it also has a pressure gauge on the front. The pumps can be glued to the bottom of the hull on a single pipe or I made a bracket to hold them under the glove box on my tripple pipe.

You may have to fab your own throttle cable bracket depending on which direction the carbs are turned. That can be done befor you get the rest of the linkage. Here are a few picks to look at.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02000.JPG 
Views:	140 
Size:	148.2 KB 
ID:	142035   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02418.JPG 
Views:	152 
Size:	146.2 KB 
ID:	142036   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02444.JPG 
Views:	117 
Size:	153.7 KB 
ID:	142037  

+1
    I would have ran the stock pumps on the carbs they work fine. Way easier to tune and hook up,just need pulse lines though.

Just my opinion......

Quote Originally Posted by btldigger View Post
    Here are a few ideas for you. I run 2 of the mikuni pentagon pumps I think the model is a df-62. You may want to do a fuel / air separator since you are racing in rough water on low fuel. I made mine it has 4 inputs 3 outputs. The return comes out the top and the barb is tapped for a mikuni main jet, it also has a pressure gauge on the front. The pumps can be glued to the bottom of the hull on a single pipe or I made a bracket to hold them under the glove box on my triple pipe.

You may have to fab your own throttle cable bracket depending on which direction the carbs are turned. That can be done befor you get the rest of the linkage. Here are a few picks to look at.

I like the mount for the pump. I might have to make something like that my self. I also have not heard back from Steve if he found a source for the linkage so I found some parts from Traxxas off of one of their RC cars that is the right length. Need to drill some holes in the stock parts and bolt them up.

Also I don't think I need the air fuel separator since I usually run a fuel tank. It handles alot better if I do. Helps keep the nose pinned down in the corners.

Wow! I love the linkage, looks like a cool piece. I take it they are adjustable. What did they set you back?

The turnbuckles were 22 and change from tower hobbies. It comes with the rod ends but no ball-links. I had those from one of my RC projects. I will be setting this up on thursday and will post some pics of the finished product. I also will be putting the heads from johny5 and my triple pisser kit as well. Have friday off also to tune this thing in. Hope my junk is ready for the race on saturday.

After the race then on to installing and tuning the D3 pipe that should be here this week. I hate this sickness I picked up a few years ago. Started with my 750sx and got worse with the ultra.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    I would have ran the stock pumps on the carbs they work fine. Way easier to tune and hook up,just need pulse lines though.

Just my opinion......
    I went with the remote pump since I didn't want to install the pulse lines and I didn't want to run the reed spacers either. The DF-62 pumps 61 lpm and should pump more than enough fuel.

Morris how did you plumb your fuel lines with two pumps?

I use both pickups in the tank. I pulled the sending unit and extended the main line to the same length as the reserve line. I dont use the selector or a shutoff. It runs from the pickups through a fuel filter for each line to the fuel pump. The 4 outputs go into the top of the seperator then it has 3 outputs for the carbs in the bottom. The restrictor jet is tapped into the barb fitting in the top of the seperator which goes back to the tank return. The instructions for how to mod the pickup are in the mods thread in my sig. It has pics of what to do.

what kind of seperator is that?

It is my own design I had a buddy in a machine shop do it for me. It is bored down the middle and tapped for 1/2" npt. It has a reducer bushing in the top To get it back to 1/4" barb, everything else is 1/8" npt.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information