Buy American or Learn To Read This: >^$"#[email protected]*$:?</

Looking to buy 99 xp limited, I have questions?

I am looking for my 2nd ski. i found a 99 xp limited with only 60 hours on it, the hull looks mint and looks like you could eat off the engine. Owner is selling cheap and he inherited it from his dad. starts great right away, but runs rough and doesn't idle correctly. It has been in dry storage for three years. There was no fuel in the tank before we started it and we put in new plugs with a new battery, that's when it fired up right away. was wondering if maybe the carbs need rebuilt for sitting so long. Son told me he didn't know if dad drained the tank or it evaporated. I am going back to check compression today. Do anybody have any ideas what to look for or poss what could be wrong. Thanks very much. here are some pics of the ski below! Also I can buy for $1500 without the trailer!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	possski.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	8.0 KB 
ID:	142043   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	possski1.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	5.5 KB 
ID:	142044   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	possski3.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	6.3 KB 
ID:	142045  

I hear that they are bad about fuel line deterioration, I bought a 2000xp with brand new motor for 2100.00, the previous owner had built a new motor, took out all fuel lines and replaced them because they start to turn to a jelly inside.....I think that is what he said.....

what was the compression on both cylinders, when I ran comp test I think mine were both at 125 and 123

I haven't got there to check the compression yet. I believe it should be around 140 psi if its a good engine and anything under 120 is getting weak. Does anybody else know better?

Does anybody have a pdf file of owner's manual for this ski? I am wondering too if the reason runs a little ruff and idles high is because it is out of water. I know my Polaris does the same on garden hose but when you put it in water it idles 1250+/- rpm and no vibration because hull is in water and load put on engine. It will be new for me to own a Seadoo but I have always liked the XP with suspension seat.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 96sltx1050 View Post
    Does anybody have a pdf file of owner's manual for this ski? I am wondering too if the reason runs a little ruff and idles high is because it is out of water. I know my Polaris does the same on garden hose but when you put it in water it idles 1250+/- rpm and no vibration because hull is in water and load put on engine. It will be new for me to own a Seadoo but I have always liked the XP with suspension seat.
    It will do that because out of the water there is no load on the engine...once it is running in water then the motor will idle lower.

Sorry i posted in the wrong section, i reposted in the 2 stroke section where it's supposed to go. I don't know how to remove this post! I am new to the Seadoo post.

Thread Information