Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RX-DI reverse issues

Hey guys I have an 02 Rxdi and the other day I may have slammed it into reverse at around 20mph...stupid yes I know but now my reverse does not work...
    the lever moves freely and the bucket goes down but when in neutral and reverse the bucket is in the same position and it obviously doesn't go into reverse...everything seems to be connected as the bucket does move but something is definitely wrong.

has anyone had a problem like this or know a solution? does the prop change directions when put in reverse?...any help with this would be great! thanks.

+1
    Pull the seat off and you will see the bottom of the reverse lever on the left side (as you sit on it). There are four black plastic tabs that stick through four holes in the bottom of that lever.

Most likely you broke those tabs when you pulled it at too high a speed (do not ask me how I know that this is what happens when you pull reverse at too high a speed).

The prop does nothing different. Reverse is actuated by the bucket deflecting the thrust down and forward.

You need part number 39 in the following diagram:

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....e=13&A=99&B=24

Take the screw out that you see at the bottom of the lever and pull the glove box off so you can unhook the cable.

+1
    Did the ass end kick up, hehehe, thats a fun stunt to do on those skis.
    SHOOTER

I will check the tabs in the morning...if you break a tab will the bucket still go up and down cause mine still does.

+1
    It will move a little, but not like it is supposed to.

Do not listen to Shooter. He just wanted an excuse to say ass.

so tabs appear to be intact...it seems like something is throw out of adjustment there is basically no neutral positon if you move the bucket manually the lever only moves a litttle bit not the full range..is there any adjustments on this thing! if i put the bucket into reverse and pull the lever back to forward the bucket moves up about only an inch at most...

+1
    If by out of adjustment you mean broken, yes.

Ok, you need to pull the glove box off and get a look at that mechanism inside.

I doubt you broke anything at the back since that is all metal and the stuff up front on the inside is plastic and more likely to break.

I suppose the cable could have broken, though again, the plastic should fail first. Try pulling the bucket down and see if the handle comes up when you do this (you can pull the bucket down, both of mine will and the handle comes up and then goes down when I put the bucket back up).

yea when i pull the bucket down the handle goes up about an inch or so not right at all. pulling that glove box out ill just need to reseal it when im done right? and yea i think something in that lever broke everything out back seems to be intact...

+1
    There is a gasket under the GB so you should not have to do anything special (SD knew someone would be taking it off from time to time). It looks like it just clips in too.

I have an RX but I have not pulled that box. If you get stumped let me know and I will pull the cover on mine and see if I can figure it out (my '99 manual does not cover RXs

I will pull the box sometime these week...as my weekend is over and my hours for work suck...thanks so much for your help so far Im sure ill be askin more questions and well get this thing figured out ha As you can tell im very new to sea doos was always a yamaha man.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information