Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned User
    +1

results of 13/22 df?

anyone install one yet and have some performance numbers yet?

Taking money away from the Z06 Fund
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by onebadsho View Post
    I'm currently installing it in the garage right now, but I'm doing the stupid Manifold intake right now along with the rest of the Stage 1 mods. I came in to get the Prop install tips that Hitman gave me. If I can get everything installed, I might try to go ride it tomorrow. If not, I'll have results next weekend as I'm going to the Lake house for 10 days. Baseline GPS on the 08 SHO was 66.9mph with about half a tank of gas. It's still under 20 hours old, so hopefully that should improve.

Jeff

+1
    Well did anyone try it yet

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert63 View Post
    Well did anyone try it yet

I finally got the Intake manifold upgrade done and tested again. conditions were not ideal, but I got 70.5mph on the GPS with 2 bars of 93 fuel and my 260lbs ass. It was probably 1 foot chop or so around 80degrees. Trim 1 up.

I'm going to try it at Lake Anna this weekend in the rivers, so hopefully the speed improves.

Mods are:

Riva FF intake
    Riva FF exhaust
    Riva Manifold upgrade
    Riva Intake Grate (sealed)
    Riva Sponsons
    Dynafly 13/22R prop

Jeff

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by poof100 View Post
    I finally got the Intake manifold upgrade done and tested again. conditions were not ideal, but I got 70.5mph on the GPS with 2 bars of 93 fuel and my 260lbs ass. It was probably 1 foot chop or so around 80degrees. Trim 1 up.

I'm going to try it at Lake Anna this weekend in the rivers, so hopefully the speed improves.

Mods are:

Riva FF intake
    Riva FF exhaust
    Riva Manifold upgrade
    Riva Intake Grate (sealed)
    Riva Sponsons
    Dynafly 13/22R prop

Jeff
    nice work !

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by onebadsho View Post
    Installed this week and will be trying it out this weekend.... then I will have your performance numbers.
    Mods in signature below.

Good results with 13/22 Dynafly

My Fzs was stuck in the high 68s with the stock impeller with the engine on the limiter. Installed the stock 13/22 Dynafly and went a best of 70.6 still on the limiter. WfO pitched it up to a 15/23 and lost a lot of rpm on top but gained on holeshot and midrange with a best speed of 69.0. Next we went back down to a 15/22 and installed a pet tach. Speed and rpm went back up to 70.5 spinning 7440 rpms. Next we tried a gpr nozzle that is 2 mm larger 85 I think and rpms went up to 7680 (on the limiter) and gained acceleration across the board and speed up to 71.0. Now I'm trying a the stock nozzle now modified with the syphon tube removed and gay spray filled as well as Leo's pump wedge. The boat feels faster than ever but didn't find good water for testing this weekend. Once we get the right combo of pitch vs nozzle I think consistent 71-2 mph performance will be possible maybe 75 with a rideplate.
    Last edited by HighVelocity; 08-04-2009 at 12:32 PM. Reason: remembered my speed wrong

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by HighVelocity View Post
    My Fzs was stuck in the high 68s with the stock impeller with the engine on the limiter. Installed the stock 13/22 Dynafly and went a best of 70.6 still on the limiter. WfO pitched it up to a 15/23 and lost a lot of rpm on top but gained on holeshot and midrange with a best speed of 69.0. Next we went back down to a 15/22 and installed a pet tach. Speed and rpm went back up to 70.5 spinning 7440 rpms. Next we tried a gpr nozzle that is 2 mm larger 85 I think and rpms went up to 7680 (on the limiter) and gained acceleration across the board and speed up to 71.0. Now I'm trying a the stock nozzle now modified with the syphon tube removed and gay spray filled as well as Leo's pump wedge. The boat feels faster than ever but didn't find good water for testing this weekend. Once we get the right combo of pitch vs nozzle I think consistent 71-2 mph performance will be possible maybe 75 with a rideplate.
    I see in your Sig you don't have the FF filter kit, is that correct? I'm contemplating getting Jim's R&D modified rideplate made for Speed and buying that Adjustable nozzle that just came out. I would think 73-74 is possible without an upgraded supercharger impeller.

Jeff

Jeff,
    I do have the Riva FF intake and will update my sig thanks. I'm waiting to see the results on the modded plates but am strongly considering the adjustable nozzle. Dialing in the proper rpm is critical for speed on these big boats. I agree on the 74 mph potential on the stock supercharger.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by HighVelocity View Post
    Jeff,
    I do have the Riva FF intake and will update my sig thanks. I'm waiting to see the results on the modded plates but am strongly considering the adjustable nozzle. Dialing in the proper rpm is critical for speed on these big boats. I agree on the 74 mph potential on the stock supercharger.
    Oh Ok, that's cool. I thought you were getting some good mph without the filter kit

Yeah, I haven't seen many results from the R&D modded plate versus stock. A lot have said the stock is fast enough but I don't even think Jerry has Jim's modified R&D plate, but I could be wrong. I would think with the 82 or 81 nozzle ring from the adjustable kit, we could see 73-74. I'm not really concerned with Boost psi as its just a measure of restriction really. I don't care if we only make 4lbs of boost now but go 74 I want to do a B1 or E1 and Riva cooler after maxing out the stock impeller, but I can't see spending $3K plus on a Motec. My 9 second drag car never had a Motec as it was too expensive, so I can't really justify putting one on a Jet ski IMHO. Hopefully Riva's ECU will suffice.

Jeff

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information