fuel starving problem

I recently installed a new engine in a 97 sltx1050 , it ran fine , not as snappy as my 780 but now it seems to be starving for fuel . It will run fine at low speeds but when you try to go WOT it shuts off like someone pulled the teather . I tried to pull the throttle to check secondary carbs and only the center seems to be working . I replaced most of the gray fuel lines but not on the carbs themselves . Should I do this also and then what are the settings for the secondarys?
    Thanks ,
    Rick

+1
    have you tried pulling out the choke when this happens? If you do and it fixes it, try adjusting the highs back to spec. If you pull the choke and the motor dies, thats what it should do and move on to something else. Hope this helps mike

Quote Originally Posted by rcloth View Post
    I recently installed a new engine in a 97 sltx1050 , it ran fine , not as snappy as my 780 but now it seems to be starving for fuel . It will run fine at low speeds but when you try to go WOT it shuts off like someone pulled the teather . I tried to pull the throttle to check secondary carbs and only the center seems to be working . I replaced most of the gray fuel lines but not on the carbs themselves . Should I do this also and then what are the settings for the secondarys?
    Thanks ,
    Rick
    Mine did the EXACT same thing. There was a bunch of varnish the fuel on/off valve. Take it off and check it. Bet that's it!

Thread Information