Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Intake Manifold Upgrade

I have been trying to search for how to install the intake manifold upgrade but have tried for a long time and can't find it. I got the R&D version but there were no instructions. I looked on rivas site and found their instructions. I assume that it would be ok to use their instructions. Let me know if my assumption is wrong. Also, which end goes up and which goes down? I read that there are some gaskets will be removed and then reinstalled. Is it ok to reuse OEM gaskets or should I order new ones? If safe to reuse, should I spray old gasket with copper spray? I haven't started yet so if there is anything else I should know, let me know. Sorry if advice was posted anywhere else. I couldn't find it.

Their instructions are fine. On the gaskets you don't need to do anything besides be careful with them so nothing is damaged. In particular the intake manifold gasket (between head and intake. That little thing is like $120. Might stuff a few shop towels down between the bottom of the motor and hull in case you drop something it will not go under the motor that way. Run some tape around the hull opening, this help prevent scratches (on the paint and you) and cuts on your arms.

If you need to remove any zipties check them before you cut. Most are reusable.

this is what you are removing:

Removing the intake can be a pain in the azz, but after a few times it is not nearly as bad.

+1
    Thanks! I'll be starting early tomorrow morning and hopefully getting out on the water in the afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by ercBOOSTED View Post
    Thanks! I'll be starting early tomorrow morning and hopefully getting out on the water in the afternoon.
    Let us know how hard it was to install it. I dont even have one of these skis yet but im trying to learn everything I can

+1
    Not done yet. Getting the washers off for step 8 or rivas instructions is very difficult and you cant see too much. I got it done and then it says to remove the 4 bolts for throttle body joint to the intake manifold. That is where I'm at but have to leave for a few hours. I can feel the ribbon now so shouldn't be long before reinstall once I start working again. This is not fun and is not easy but is necessary.

^^^ I took that Pic!^^^ PixxByTango's Avatar
    Remove the whole intake... its so much easier to do it that way. While its out, tap the boss for the 1/8" pipe for future use. You will thank yourself later. I just did the install and it made a sweet difference.

+1

Take the whole manifold off!!!!

Much easier to take the whole manifold off.
    And as said above, take the time out to drill and tap the vacuum port while it's out.

+1
    Unfortunately I did not read your posts before I finished my install. Did not tap anything while it was out. I'll have to do it at a later date.

Unfortunately I did not read your posts before I finished my install. Did not tap anything while it was out. I'll have to do it at a later date.

That's okay. MoTec will provide the intake pressure and IAT's off the stock sensors anyway...

So how was the install? Also I see you updated your sig, how much speed did you pick up?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information