Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    277

    Check out this ride plate (RandD sent to Jim).

    I was going to start runnning my stock anyway - water is too choppy and i really didnt need this plate anyway. So now we are all about Hook-up!!!! No more top speed games or adjusting washers! Bolts were tight be fore I ran and plenty of clearance between plate and pump.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P7180188.JPG 
Views:	87 
Size:	1.93 MB 
ID:	142115   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P7180189.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	142116   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P7180190.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	142117  
    Last edited by jcorallo; 07-18-2009 at 08:40 PM. Reason: For got


  2. #2
    no reverse jayohentran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    virginia
    Posts
    543
    +1
    1
    what happened?? what part of va do you ride?

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    277
    Quote Originally Posted by jayohentran View Post
    what happened?? what part of va do you ride?

    Potomac out of Pohick Bay - thats how i found it when i got home.

  4. #4
    Mike xsockguyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,744
    +1
    2
    You just have no luck with R&D parts

  5. #5
    THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,194
    +1
    536
    That happens when bolts break or inserts strip out or pull through,You can see the snap front to back it is all fresh it don't look like it was a bad spot. Looks like the other side of the plate came lose or broken bolts or inserts then water grabbed it at speed and ripped it out and the part that was bolted secured stayed on the ski and the other side that was not secured is ripped out.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    277
    Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    That happens when bolts break or inserts strip out or pull through,You can see the snap front to back it is all fresh it don't look like it was a bad spot. Looks like the other side of the plate came lose or broken bolts or inserts then water grabbed it at speed and ripped it out and the part that was bolted secured stayed on the ski and the other side that was not secured is ripped out.

    Inserts are fine and so are the threads. Bolts were tight before I rode. Kinda looks like the vanished - Both were gone with the plate.

  7. #7
    THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,194
    +1
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by jcorallo View Post
    Inserts are fine and so are the threads. Bolts were tight before I rode. Kinda looks like the vanished - Both were gone with the plate.
    Something happened to them bolts on that one side that's why the plate ripped out, When the bolts were gone on the one side there was nothing there to hold that side of the plate on to the hull, So the water pressure got on top of the plate and was pushing down till it snapped it right out. And the other side of the plate that was secured well to the hull was still bolted on the hull.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    277
    Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    Something happened to them bolts on that one side that's why the plate ripped out, When the bolts were gone on the one side there was nothing there to hold that side of the plate on to the hull, So the water pressure got on top of the plate and was pushing down till it snapped it right out. And the other side of the plate that was secured well to the hull was still bolted on the hull.
    Unless it cracked when the boat landed - then pulled off. I find it hard to believe that two tight bolts worked themselves loose.

    These plates are thin and R and D quality is so fucking piss poor its rediculous.

  9. #9
    Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,004
    +1
    406
    Glad you were OK!! That coulda been ugly!!!

  10. #10
    If they were tight how would the plate rip off then the bolts just unbolted themselves and saved the inserts with no damage????????

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-09-2016, 01:59 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-16-2014, 10:14 PM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-19-2010, 10:30 PM
  4. Check out this vid from my ride today
    By MPower in forum Videos & Pictures
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-14-2008, 08:03 PM
  5. Check out this photoshop art work
    By Green Hulk in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-05-2005, 08:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •