Banned User

No water to the IC

Just got done doing a XS IC setup and i used clear braided hose from the strainer to the IC and seems i am not getting water from the pump i pulled pump and the washer is fine but the rubber is shot so i replaced with a hose washer and some right stuff would that have stopped the water from traveling to the IC or may i have something else wrong, when i put the garden hose to the IC hole in on the pump show water flows and when i have the ski on the hose it flows backwards like it should.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyRXT View Post
    Just got done doing a XS IC setup and i used clear braided hose from the strainer to the IC and seems i am not getting water from the pump i pulled pump and the washer is fine but the rubber is shot so i replaced with a hose washer and some right stuff would that have stopped the water from traveling to the IC or may i have something else wrong, when i put the garden hose to the IC hole in on the pump show water flows and when i have the ski on the hose it flows backwards like it should.
    I'm really confused by your question, is this correct?

• When in the water the IC is not flowing water?
    • When hooked to the hose it backflshes with no restriction?
    • You replaced the water restriction washer with what kind of washer?
    • You used right stuff to glue the washer to the pump shoe?

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    I'm really confused by your question, is this correct?

• When in the water the IC is not flowing water?
    Ok when ski is in water running no water was flowing

• When hooked to the hose it backflshes with no restriction?
    that is correct

• You replaced the water restriction washer with what kind of washer?
    i used a hose washer from the garden hose

• You used right stuff to glue the washer to the pump shoe?
    i used right stuff to hold the washer to the metal washer so that it seals since the rubber that was on it stock was shot.

Banned User
    I'd follow the water path entering at the pump shoe and follow it through the system, checking for any blockages. Also spring for an OEM restriction washer, atleast you'll know it's not that.

Very confusing.. Do you run a strainer? Are you running the OEM water route or do you have an aftermarket IC?

Banned User
    XS power IC setup with stock hose cut short by the shoe then used 3/4" hose barb jointer to connect the IC hose.

I made a hose adapter that basically turns a garden hose into a 3/4 hose. You can find the pieces at lowes/homedepot I believe it's a hard hose repair kit. Then just use worm clamp and 3/4 tube.

Then just start from the pump out if you have water flowing from the first connection that goes to the pump then you have an issue from the tube that goes from the pump to the inside of the ski.

+1
    I assume your exhaust is getting hot and this is why you say you are'nt getting any flow?

Banned User
    yes it is.

+1

Exclamation No water flow to IC

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyRXT View Post
    Here's the link to my How to install strainer & shutoff valve. Look at the pictures closely. The OEM flow diagrams are at the end of the document. Go to post # 22 on page 3 for the latest version.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...t=79658&page=3

It sounds like you have the flow washer possibly blocked or have the hoses routed incorrectly. Are you getting water to flow AFTER the strainer before the IC???? Make sure you have the ARROW on the side of the strainer pointed in the correct flow direction!!!!!!!!!!!

If you install the way I describe you will strain 100% of water into IC and manifold, NOT just the IC.

good luck

Banned User
    thats how its set up in from shoe to the strainer then to the back side of the IC then out the front to the exhaust manifold.

Thread Information