RXT Groco strainer

Recently purchased my first moded ski RXT riva IC fitted. I ride in salt and have read you guys talking about strainers, I have bought one and not sure where to install or to which hose do I need a inline valve? Also what about fitting an anode? what and where to buy and install? Sorry about all the 'obvious' questions just want to protect my ski, pics would help alot

Quote Originally Posted by billyboy View Post
    Recently purchased my first moded ski RXT riva IC fitted. I ride in salt and have read you guys talking about strainers, I have bought one and not sure where to install or to which hose do I need a inline valve? Also what about fitting an anode? what and where to buy and install? Sorry about all the 'obvious' questions just want to protect my ski, pics would help alot
    Why don't you ride the ski first and see if you like it is this an 07 RXT?

The ski is RXT 07 and performs well i know this is not a performance mod only a protective maintenance measure are you saying not always neccessary?

Quote Originally Posted by billyboy View Post
    The ski is RXT 07 and performs well i know this is not a performance mod only a protective maintenance measure are you saying not always neccessary?
    Sorry, my apologies. That was a wild guess on you owing an "07, I thought I knew the owner and the buyer. long story. carry on Just my opinion an RXT is a good offshore ski

Unless you are keeping the ski in the water at a marina, I doubt yo'll have an issue with stray electrical current and therefore don't think you need to worry about the anodes.

I don't have a strainer either but the main reason I went with the Sea Doo brand is the closed cooling system so only the exhaust and heat exchanger are being flushed with the raw sea water. If you do install the strainer, share the install with pics.

I have an 06 RXT and 06 GTX that we use in the ocean and both handle great. Loads of fun in 2-3 seas.

Quote Originally Posted by Meridian411 View Post
    Unless you are keeping the ski in the water at a marina, I doubt yo'll have an issue with stray electrical current and therefore don't think you need to worry about the anodes.

I don't have a strainer either but the main reason I went with the Sea Doo brand is the closed cooling system so only the exhaust and heat exchanger are being flushed with the raw sea water. If you do install the strainer, share the install with pics.

I have an 06 RXT and 06 GTX that we use in the ocean and both handle great. Loads of fun in 2-3 seas.
    There's already a very good writeup with pics in the how-to section.

Thread Information