Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

So much for the Domination

Chris MacClugage on his Yamaha FZR Wins Round 8; Slew of Sea-doo Racers Switch to FZR
    July 12, 2009 -- Yamaha continues to tighten its grip on the APBA Pro-Am Runabout Stock championship with rider Chris MacClugage, aboard his Yamaha FZR, winning Round 8 of the Watercross National Tour in Harbor City, MI.
    Joining Mac on the winners podium in Michigan were veteran racers that recently mothballed their Sea-doo watercraft for the more competitive FZR.

Longtime Sea-doo racers Amy Green and Dustin Charrier switched to Yamaha FZRs last week and both finished on the podium with Green dominating the Womens Pro-Am Runabout Limited class for first place and Charrier finishing second in the Pro-Am Runabout Stock class just behind MacClugage. Charrier is the reigning 2008 Pro-Am Runabout Limited World Champion.
    "I am excited about the successful debut of our Dean's Team FZRs at the Harbor Beach stop last weekend, said Green. The FZR has such great acceleration and handling that with only minimal modifications and a short time to prepare, we were able to win the Women's Limited class.

The Dolphin
    I didn't know a slew equalled two...We all learn something everyday.

It also helps to gain a few riders when an OEM gives you a ski for 50% cost and a $5000 ECU to race in the stock class.
    Last edited by The Dolphin; 07-19-2009 at 11:08 AM. Reason: typo

What?!!

You mean we didn't get the whole story in the first post?

^^^^^^^^

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dolphin View Post
    I didn't know a slew equalled two...We all learn something everyday.

It also helps to gain a few riders when an OEM gives you a ski for 50% cost and a $5000 ECU to race in the stock class.

Weather it is a "slew" or not, the fact is that the FZR is dominating the race series this year in stock class and the ultra is doing very well in open class.....So much for the SD will kill the competetion this year as we were told by SD at the boat show.....No worries, they got nothing for the "X" boats, were are going to be #1 again....It is wasnt a sales pitch to get us to buy a ski casue none of us were buying this year....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    Weather it is a "slew" or not, the fact is that the FZR is dominating the race series this year in stock class and the ultra is doing very well in open class.....So much for the SD will kill the competetion this year as we were told by SD at the boat show.....No worries, they got nothing for the "X" boats, were are going to be #1 again....It is wasnt a sales pitch to get us to buy a ski casue none of us were buying this year....

I don't listen to used car salesmens bs stories. SD will be competetive if you have a competent tuner and a rider....show me tiny, I'll put my equipment against any stockclass ski's in the country. What the hell do you know about anything...you don't have a ski to even test with

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jawz View Post
    I don't listen to used car salesmens bs stories. SD will be competetive if you have a competent tuner and a rider....show me tiny, I'll put my equipment against any stockclass ski's in the country. What the hell do you know about anything...you don't have a ski to even test with

Well, now I knew that Flipper would show up sooner or later....And of course the backwoods redneck from North Ga with 3 teeth is the worlds most competent tuner, better than Dean Cherrier, Andy Tinsley, Bill Chapin and all the others was going to spout off about how great he is........

First of all, yes, you are correct, i dont have a ski...And your point is?????? I was never the self proclaimed best tuner in the world!!!!!!

I just go by real world results, like the FZR winning every round but 2 in the National Tour this year....Sounds like some Yami domination to me....Hell, the FZR in stock form went out and lapped half of the feild in Pro open on Myrtle beach this year.....

And as far as you putting your stuff against any stock class ski out there, there is a problem with that too......You never go to any races...You were asked why you didnt show up at Orange Beach last year or Myrtle Beach this year and you said that you dont have expierence in riding in the surf like that, well my friend, i hate to tell you but none of us practice in those conditions but we still show up and race in it.....I raced Orange Beach last year and it was my 2nd race in 9 years...I may have come in 3rd of 3 riders, but guess what, i was there...

Whats your excuse????????

Jaws was at the Tavares race. And dont forget Tiny there is only 1 Yamaha that has won any moto in stock class this year.

+1
    Congrats to Dean for putting 2 FZRs together so quickly and podium finishing!!!

I'm sure it helps having really fast riders like Dustin (his son) and Amy Green.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagopoulos View Post
    Jaws was at the Tavares race. And dont forget Tiny there is only 1 Yamaha that has won any moto in stock class this year.
    Still gets the job done!!!!!

And Jaws was at a race???? it was a flat water race......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information