Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

FZR vs. RXT-X results

I have 4.3 hours on my bone stock FZR , my buddy has 24 hours on his bone stock RXT-X. We went riding today at 9am ,518 ft altitude and it was about 85 degrees air temp. We tried hole shot, drag race, top speed,and superman, as well as fuel consumption. I have never ever seen two ski's that are exactly the same but differant brands. on our drag race we ran from bouy to bouy which is about 1/4 mile. I think I got him by 6 inches,we turned around and did it again and I think he got me by 6 inches. we ran in big water and smooth water and there was no differance in speed at all. fuel was about the same also. About the only advantage I had was I did it on regular gas. Both are great ski's. I truely believe that there is a lot of untapped power in the yamaha and for it to hold its own against a 255 hp ski is impressive to me. Anyway this is just my observation for what its worth.

Race him again after you get about 15 to 20 hours on the FZR. Im not going to say you will definitely beat him, but I did have speed increases after I put some hours on it. I agree they are pretty close in all aspects, I raced one once when I had a few hours on mine and neither one of us was getting away from the other.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WavruninPWC View Post
    Race him again after you get about 15 to 20 hours on the FZR. Im not going to say you will definitely beat him, but I did have speed increases after I put some hours on it. I agree they are pretty close in all aspects, I raced one once when I had a few hours on mine and neither one of us was getting away from the other.
    +1 after about 10hrs the ski begins to really loosen up. Expect gains of about .5 mph thats what my gains looked like

Hi does the fzr and fzs perform the same looks like the same ski with a slightly bigger seat i guess the hull is the same the specs looked the same at the dealer. Thanks Ron

I seriously saw gains of up to 1.5 mph...there might have been different temps, but it wasnt that much of a difference. I would always hit around 66.5 to 70, but now i run a consistent 68 and upwards.

+1

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by txgp1300r View Post
    I have 4.3 hours on my bone stock FZR , my buddy has 24 hours on his bone stock RXT-X. We went riding today at 9am ,518 ft altitude and it was about 85 degrees air temp. We tried hole shot, drag race, top speed,and superman, as well as fuel consumption. I have never ever seen two ski's that are exactly the same but differant brands. on our drag race we ran from bouy to bouy which is about 1/4 mile. I think I got him by 6 inches,we turned around and did it again and I think he got me by 6 inches. we ran in big water and smooth water and there was no differance in speed at all. fuel was about the same also. About the only advantage I had was I did it on regular gas. Both are great ski's. I truely believe that there is a lot of untapped power in the yamaha and for it to hold its own against a 255 hp ski is impressive to me. Anyway this is just my observation for what its worth.

+1
    I seriously saw gains of up to 1.5 mph...there might have been different temps, but it wasnt that much of a difference. I would always hit around 66.5 to 70, but now i run a consistent 68 and upwards.
    well you have 20+ hours on your ski, i have 8 so i imagine i will keep seeing gains I run like 65-67 (max is 67.6 gps)

+1

Good Results.

+1

Although some of the Seedoo boys will be wondering when your friend will be taking it off learner mode (if it has one).

+1
    That's a great report. Very unbiased & gives good info for those needing to make decisions. How big was the rougher water?

Doug

Why do you think you have such a wide spread (66.5 to 70). Mine seems wired within .5 mph.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information