Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Prohibido usuario
    +1

RXT ?'s for Shibbs (Steve) and Kinchyle

Since I rely on you two for my RXT answers let me ask a couple. Anyone else feel free to chime in. I'm working on my custom intake and at this time I am going to route it to the glove box area. Can I go ahead and eleminate the insulated tube that is in the front of the ski and the one that goes to the rear seat support bar? Can I leave the access door in the front storage off and relocate the fire extingisher? That would be like the RXP's taking the front bucket out. Shibbs my Autozone didn't have the ss air filter that you got, do you or can you get the part # for me? I will have them order it. They did have the one that Red devil got with the cotton gauze and adapters. The post a few days back that had some good pics of Red Devils rear seat intake, does anyone have a link to it? I did several searches but couldn't find it. I'm sure I got a couple of more but have forgot.

tubes in front and back are just to stop your ski from sinking if it flips. It's an RXT, pull em.. Access door you can pull and relocate the fire extingisher, it actually gives you some extra speed. Some people put it in the rear bucket.

here are pics of my seat intake
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...t=season+stage

I've since then changed alot of stuff. My seat intake also injested alot of water so I switched to the rear.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6116

Please post back if you have any other questions.

Have you thought about what you are going to do with the rectifier and crankcase hose ?

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    whats up buddy...

you can remove that front access panel where the extinguisher is, but removing it will do NOTHING unless you start cutting up your hood to get fresh air flowing thru there. (pics attached of my seriously flowing hood i never posted on the forum, lol... also alot lighter)

the big black vent ducts can be removed... like kinch said, they assist in keeping the water out in the vent your RXT flips over. has your RXT ever flipped over compeltely? bc i know mine has not. i've removed all those vent ducts.

red devils rear intake is great. two2curupt has the same one.... i was going to do the same and have all the parts for it. requires the carbon fiber seat for the air intake style red devil is running.

i definitely would recommend you go with 4" air intake on the ski... in my experience it was a big RPM gain over stock and 3" intake.

let us know if you have any other questions.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    pics of my hood that lets air flow thru the front of the ski right thru the fire extinguisher panel, theu the hull and out the carbon fiber vented seat... hull temps stay VERY cool ..... i really removed alot more of the hood structure than the pictures show.. had a pile of scrap leftover that weighed a decent amount

also pics of the 4" rear intake i was going to run.... never installed it since i'm selling my ski now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00592.JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	607.1 KB 
ID:	6482   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00593.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	546.2 KB 
ID:	6483   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00735.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	6484  

+1

The rear duct tube I've actually cut flush when it snaps in filled it with right stuff foam and spray painted it black. I use it to block off that air flow, so air goes from to back. The foam on the inside of it also holds my spare spark plugs

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Guys, I try not to even fall off (hurts way to much at the speeds we are running) so I don't ever see me flipping it. I've seen the older GTX's that were prone to flipping but I have never flipped one. I try to let go if I know that its over. Didn't think about the hoses working as snorkles thought they contributed to air flow somehow. Yeah I'm going with a 4" probably get the adapter from Rxp's dad. As far as the rectifier will either get the bracket or just silicone it somewhere, depends on what everyone else has done. No thought yet on crankcase hose. As far as fire extingusher it fits nicely into the tote bucket that I got that come with the Limited. As far as leaving the access panel off that will increase the air volume of the hull and you can raise the hood during stops and let the hot air out. With my glove box mod the ski will have all the fresh air it wants. The camera is out of batteries or I would post some preliminary pics for you. I've got two glove boxes, one regular and one GPS, I'm hacking the regular one up and am going to mount the intake filter there. I liked the GPS better when I had it mounted on the hood. I would love a rear seat intake but a I am not paying $600 for the carbon fiber. I don't like the carbon fiber look. Trying to get something made out of hard plastic (think football helmet) might be able to sell them. Oh I tossed the rear bucket a long time ago so when I take the rear seat of the hot air can escape.
    Last edited by NCHeel; 08-01-2006 at 11:49 PM.

Sounds like your on the right track.
    Here is my rear intake. I've since cleaned it up. Plan on switching to flowrites on the back. This uses the stock seat.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3195

+1
    The reason the rear under seat air intake (on stock configuration) is mounted low in the hull has nothing to do with preventing water entry in the event of capsizing. It does not have a water proof connection. It's purpose is to disperse possible low lying gasoline fumes from inside the hull. These fumes, if present, are heavier than air and would stay at the bottom of the hull and possibly create an explosive situation. This vent location is mandated by the USCG.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by way2fast
    The reason the rear under seat air intake (on stock configuration) is mounted low in the hull has nothing to do with preventing water entry in the event of capsizing. It does not have a water proof connection. It's purpose is to disperse possible low lying gasoline fumes from inside the hull. These fumes, if present, are heavier than air and would stay at the bottom of the hull and possibly create an explosive situation. This vent location is mandated by the USCG.

Richard
    Richard, you talking about the one in the back or front?...PR...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information