Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Prop wear Replace?????

I have a xl1200 finally got the ride plate off after fighitng with slipping retainers. Was just going to seal the gap left by faulty felt gasket but I notices some damage to the prop. I dont want to put a lot of money into this ski but I think to fix my cavitation problem I need to replace this prop. Any suggestions. Will sealing the felt gap help a lot???? a little???? Any cheap alternatives to replacing the prop?????

Attached some pics of the prop damage
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P7190476.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	654.9 KB 
ID:	142182   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P7190468.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	596.8 KB 
ID:	142183   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P7190475.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	517.7 KB 
ID:	142184  

+1
    yup, thats definitely cavitation burn on the prop edges.

I Would suggest to also look for the cause of the cavitation as well. Have you had a pump plug kit installed in the pump shoe? if not, I suggest doing that to help prevent cavitation. Sealing the pump shoe helps even better eliminate any voids.

The liner [wear ring] does not look that bad. A new impeller will also help close the gap. The increased gap right now from the impeller>wear ring is due to the cavitation damage. But, pull the pump assembly to make sure there are no deep gouges in the wear ring especially around the 8:00 area if you look at the wear ring from the outlet side.

Is there any sacing this impeller??? Can I sand the edges back smooth???? I found a replacemant for $25 at SBT. Cheap enough to replace I think. Also I think the source was a faulty or worn felt gasket between the two plates I was going to seal that with 5200 when I found this. Thanks for the help. Any step by step info for replacing prop????

+1
    Thats is a great economical replacement for the prop. Here is a how-to for the impeller removal/replacement.
    To stop the cavitation source, I would highly suggest you seal your pump shoe or at the minimum, get a pump plug kit for it. The voids in the pump shoe will cause cavitation for your pump.

Pump removal for Impeller install
    http://www.cajundude.com/jetpumpremovalimpeller.htm

Impeller install
    http://www.cajundude.com/impellerinstall.htm

Pump seal kit [must do]
    http://www.rivayamaha.com/RivaStore/...%20Seal%20Kits

I would replace the prop,wear ring, felt, and seal the pump.

Thanks guys a ton of help. This forum is amazing!!! dont know what I would do without!!!!

I ordered an impeller from SBT and it go here tonight. When I opened the box I imediately noticed that they did not ship the impeller shaft tool. Very disapointed!!!! Then when I tried to slip the new impeller over the spines on the shaft( just to make sure it was the right one) I would not slide over. THIS IS A NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My XLT eats props too maybe your liner is bad mine is a 2004 and the liner is getting replaced it has a high spot at the 9 oclock spot looking in the back it has been sanded down twice so i guess it just gets worse sanding wont fix the liner you have to replace it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by zx11rider View Post
    My XLT eats props too maybe your liner is bad mine is a 2004 and the liner is getting replaced it has a high spot at the 9 oclock spot looking in the back it has been sanded down twice so i guess it just gets worse sanding wont fix the liner you have to replace it.
    Come on you cheap a$$ buy that SS wear ring!

joeg12345

I ordered an impeller from SBT and it go here tonight. When I opened the box I imediately noticed that they did not ship the impeller shaft tool. Very disapointed!!!!

The OEM impeller does not require an impeller tool. I don't know of anyone that sends a driveshaft tool with an impeller.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information