Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Black 06/05 GPRXP Owner

I am the proud new owner of a GPRXP conversion done by Jeffsntx.

Jeff has been slowly building an 00/07 GPRXP for me this winter/spring (his 3rd conversion). We both new going into this project that time was not the driving factor due to our busy work and family schedules. He actually had it ready a couple weeks ago (maybe over a month) but we could not get our calendars synced together for me to go pick it up.

So finally the family and I planned a get away vacation to a park/camp ground outside the small town of Ennis, Texas. This park just happens to be about 100 miles north of Jeff's house (I mainly picked this small park so I could go get the conversion - just don't tell the wife that is why we went there).

So the family and I get to the camp ground a week ago Saturday and then I am off to Jeff's house Sunday morning to pick up the 00/07 GPRXP. Well guess what I show up at Jeff's and he has both conversion on his tailer (my 00/07 and his black 06/05 GPRXP all nice and clean like a new black car at the dealer ship) so we head to the lake for some riding. I ride my 00/07 first, it pulls hard and runs great I am very happy and ready to take it home. Then Jeff makes a nice comment go ride mine, bad move on my part. Jeff's 06/05 GPRXP has a stage II kit and looks real good that black ski sitting in the water. If you ever owned a black car you know how much a pain in the a** it is to keep clean and you make promises all the time about not owning another black car till you see that new black sports car on the lot. I have made the same promises numerous times about never owning another black ski (I always carry a shammy in my bucket to clean my 07 GPR after every ride). So I take off on his ski for a quick ride and after a couple minutes I head back to shore where Jeff is. His ski pulled very hard and hit 80 in no time, the lake was very rough and had a lot of boat traffic so I could not get the RPMs above 7500 (I think). When I got back to shore Jeff said go ride it some more if you want, Jeff was very busy finishing the tile and other things on his house and I had a family waiting for me at the camp ground. So I look at him and said lets make a deal on the black one, he looks at me for a second then said OK.

So I left Jeff's with his 2nd conversion my new BLACK 06/05 GPRXP.

Do you think he had this planned??????

Thanks for everything Jeff.

By the way I hope everyone doesn't mind I will probably have some question, to be honest I already have some (yes Fullboogie I have been wearing out the search button lol). So I might be asking for some help for everyone to get every little bit of speed out of this stage II possible.

+1
    WoooHoooo!!! Another Texas Conversion

congrats bro!

pics please

+1
    Bill, the pleasure was mine. Yes, I have been VERY busy working and getting the house ready to put on the market, but I wanted you to be happy with your purchase. It took a while for all of the stars to line up so that we could get together, but I hope you are happy with the ski. I have a LOT of time in that ski. Have the dealer shut the couple of sensors off that we discussed and it should be a VERY reliable mid 80 mph ski. I hated to see it go, but like I said, I would rather someone enjoy it than for it to sit and only get ridden a couple of times a year. You know that I have limited time on the tech line, but the people here should be able to help you if you run into any problems and cant get ahold of me.

Thanks for asking me to build you a ski. I honestly appreciate it.

Jeff,

You are great person and a very good friend.

Once I get it dialed in and you get everything settled in your life you will have to make a trip to Southeast Texas for a ride and yes I will let you ride the conversion and I will ride the GPR.

Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post
    WoooHoooo!!! Another Texas Conversion

congrats bro!

pics please

Billy,

The bad news is I had to leave it in Ennis with my parents so the pics will have to wait till later this week.

I read through your build more than once and I will be calling for some help if you don't mind.

+1
    You go boy!

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    Congrats!

+1
    I bought Jeff's first ski and can say it was well put together. I have put over 20 hours on it now and have not had one bit of trouble with anything. I have made this ski an almost exact copy of yours and it runs 85+ now.
    You will have a blast with it. Brett

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Importracer View Post
    I bought Jeff's first ski and can say it was well put together. I have put over 20 hours on it now and have not had one bit of trouble with anything. I have made this ski an almost exact copy of yours and it runs 85+ now.
    You will have a blast with it. Brett
    Brett, thanks for the kind words. I kind of assumed that you were having a blast on it since I havent heard from you in a while.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information