Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

07 Ultra250 advice

Ok guys, we have a 2007 Ultra 250 and had right at 40 hours on it.

We are wanting to get more top end out of it, according to the speedometer we have been right around 68-70 (According to posts on here, the speedo is wrong?). Anyways what is limiting the speed? Pump? Impeller?

Looking to get it faster.....maybe 10mph?

Not sure....

Thanks,
    HPI_Savage25

10mph more is not happening easily. If you ride in smooth water get a riva ride plate and do the timing mod. Best two mods for the bucks. May want to also do the twin bottom feed intercooler mod. These should give about 3-5 mph gain.

David

Also the u bend second water box/muffler delete. Almost forgot about this one.

David

I am just posting this for my dad, I have read up on this and know that it is hard to get 10 more mph out of it but he won't listen to me. I know what he means because if bass boats can go 70-90mph with only 150-200hp then why can't the Ultra 250's do the same? They are half the weight with 50 more HP!?

He keeps saying its all BS and all in the impellor and such but I'm not sure....just posting this for him to make him understand....

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by HPI_Savage25 View Post
    I am just posting this for my dad, I have read up on this and know that it is hard to get 10 more mph out of it but he won't listen to me. I know what he means because if bass boats can go 70-90mph with only 150-200hp then why can't the Ultra 250's do the same? They are half the weight with 50 more HP!?

He keeps saying its all BS and all in the impellor and such but I'm not sure....just posting this for him to make him understand....
    yousure your dad doesnt mean 70-90 KMs bass boat

next time your in is boat take a GPS and he will see the true speed

Not sure, but I know my cousin had a "Bumblebee" bass boat with a 150 (only rated for a 100) but it would fly...Speedo I know was in MPH and it was showing 75+

Although it was never checked via GPS.

They have very fast bass boats here......80-90mph. Their after those fast fish. I would rather be on a ski that fast instead of a bass boat. They chine walk something terrible.

David

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by halfassjack View Post
    They have very fast bass boats here......80-90mph. Their after those fast fish. I would rather be on a ski that fast instead of a bass boat. They chine walk something terrible.

David
    I am sure they do , have seen some insane fit outs,
    just that 90 mph as we know is a VERY big call for any size boat

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by HPI_Savage25 View Post

First of all its a prop vs. and impeller, jet pumps lose @ 50% of their horse power transfering from the end of the crank to the jet wash output (yes that really sucks) if you can work out a safe "outdrive" for a jet ski that turns a prop, these thing would be well over a 100 mph............

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra250 Tn View Post
    First of all its a prop vs. and impeller, jet pumps lose @ 50% of their horse power transfering from the end of the crank to the jet wash output (yes that really sucks) if you can work out a safe "outdrive" for a jet ski that turns a prop, these thing would be well over a 100 mph............
    Agreed..

There is a build on the conversion section where some guy changed his pump out to a regular prop sticking out the back on a GPR. Stock engine i think. It went from 60 mph with pump and i believe over 90 when converted to a out the back prop.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information