Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

first time for everything , thrown from ski

checking on top speed today , the conditions looked good , i wot with the trim all the way up. already did a gps63 with trim up 1 notch brought it to 2 notch " to stretch its legs" all the way, water seemed flat at the moment as i hit top speed a wake came across me hit me sideways it threw me off , my lanyard luckily pulled off from ski, but also pulled from my wrist, lost goggles ,contact lens, lanyard switch, diving shoe was floating around , swam to the ski, had spare lanyard, i like to hear any other "hairy experiences" falling off at a top speed from fellow members-----gpr 1300 07-r&d ride plate(ir mod 1 resurfacing-riva 1200 intake-riva pump seal kit-riva ff exchaust-leos holeshot, tunnel reinforcement-skat tak 13/19 r155 swirl -stepped up sponsons

I was out one day on my 1200xlt... riding tandem with my buddy because it's much easier to spin this tank with two people aboard..

Anyway we were just cruising along, then we saw too hot chicks on another ski.. I gunned it.. cruising at WOT, got the ski maybe to 55 or so (not sure) and pull up even with them. Our distance was still about 50 to 75 feet or so.. so we werent that close to them laterally. As we are both looking over checking them out I suddenly look forward and see a HUGE wake.. I hit the wake full speed with out preparing my body... me and my buddy just completely dump and I swear I probably skipped across the water ass over elbows at least 5 times.. If anyone was watching it probably looked spectacular.. After everything settled a few seconds later and realizing I was NOT dead and I still had feeling in my extremities, we made our way back to the ski..

Adding insult to injury, the two girls come cruising over and said, 'you guys should be more careful, you almost hit us!'.. we were both like WTF?!! We werent even close!

My left knee is still tore up to this day.. must have been bent backward and the cartilage ripped.. this happend about 6 or 7 years ago now..
    Last edited by partybob99; 07-20-2009 at 12:33 PM. Reason: typo

Well at least you and ski weren't hurt. I did something similar, grudge racing my husband years ago. I hit a wake wrong WOT on my old XLT, my foot hit something on the way off and when I hit the water it knocked the wind out of me. The water felt like on concrete. I limped around for 2 weeks after. Ole cliche "If You're gonna be stupid, you gotta be tough".

I look back at it now, and think how foolish that was. At least we were in a open body of water, with no other boaters around.

New to the Water Toy's
    happen to me about two weeks ago. i was topping a 98 xlt out aroudn 58 an the wakes were going by my from left to right an suddenly i try to make a ahrdddd right turn(still going wot) so i can hit the wakes (i guess going with the with waves) an in doing so i almost completed the turn when i loan wave can aat an angle an jsut tossed me going about 40 mph an i was on my back head first skipping a cross the water. one of the last skips my head dug into the water an my whole body flipped up an around an threw my threw the air like a rag doll. 3 buddys a little ways away said it was the most spectacular sight to see me flying threw teh air flipping lol. im still soar today.... no damage to me or the ski. an ive got he lanyard tied an clipped to my life vest so if i fall it wont slip off my hand an possibly get lost.

i was on my ultra an was racing another when a 40 ft donzi was comming down the river.the other fella swung wide,an i decided to jump the donzi wake?wrong answer landed sideways out of midair,edjected me in kartwheels,of course ko,d first hit,woke up underwater,tweety birds an all spinnin.my mind was telling me to swim for the light an bingo i surfaced.my ski was 50 ft from me swam for it got back on an rode back to the bridge.my buddies threw me another beer an i was good to go till the next day.well a case later that day an i woke up an felt like a train wreck, went to the doc an here are the results,4 chipped teeth broken big toe an brused cartlatge in my chest,goes to sho it dont pay to drink an race at 65 mph.also you lose your glasses an flops, watch it you boyz that wear costas thats expensive.

+1

tossed

WELL AT LEAST YOU DID'NT HURT THE SKI!! HA! ha! seriously great stories, now what bothered me most is that the lanyard which i wear on my wrist as opposed to the vest pulled off the ski switch BUT also off my wrist , i make it tight around wrist BEHIND my watch. Yamaha 07gpr does'nt have that "FEATURE" that without throttle the ski will just keep circling, i don,t know if your skis have this, my KAWA 750 ZXI 1997 had this, a ski will move around 2-3 mph TRY CHASING AFTER THAT!!

kawi's have always had the spring on the steering to make it turn circles. The old stand ups didn't even have kill switches. Whenever I dumped my old 650sx I just hung on, if you let go it was a crapshoot as to whether it would actually circle back toward you.

I've come pretty close to losing it on the GPR, but i've been lucky so far. I probably should have let go a couple of times. When I'm riding in smooth water, it's pretty damn smooth, and when I'm riding in rough water, it's rough enough that I'm kind of ready for whatever sneaks up. I have come close to getting tossed when riding at an angle to the waves in about a 2' chop, though, going significantly faster than I should have for the conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by interceptor 150 View Post
    i was on my ultra an was racing another when a 40 ft donzi was comming down the river.the other fella swung wide,an i decided to jump the donzi wake?wrong answer landed sideways out of midair,edjected me in kartwheels,of course ko,d first hit,woke up underwater,tweety birds an all spinnin.my mind was telling me to swim for the light an bingo i surfaced.my ski was 50 ft from me swam for it got back on an rode back to the bridge.my buddies threw me another beer an i was good to go till the next day.well a case later that day an i woke up an felt like a train wreck, went to the doc an here are the results,4 chipped teeth broken big toe an brused cartlatge in my chest,goes to sho it dont pay to drink an race at 65 mph.also you lose your glasses an flops, watch it you boyz that wear costas thats expensive.

I'm sorry Interceptor, but I'm LMAO cause I've got a picture of that commercial where the guy get's electrocuted from a ladder on a house which catapults him across the yard to the shed ...and he wakes-up smoldering and says...." I'M GOOD"!!

Glad you're OK.

+1

Hitting a sand bar

where i ride in the navesink river n.j.(OH, JON BON JOVI JUST LOVEEES MY RIVA FREE FLOW EXCHAUST)on low tide could be a little treacherous as they come up on you rather quickly. down at the launch i heard of guys not paying attention and going over the handlebars face forward. i can't imagine hitting one at 65!!

Here is what i done to my bars after landing badly at about 50mph in 4-5ft chop in the middle of a lake.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo0059.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	103.3 KB 
ID:	142771

Name:	Photo0062.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	202.0 KB 
ID:	142772

Name:	Photo0064.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	155.6 KB 
ID:	142773

The lenses from my goggles hit me in the face and left me with a black eye and my whole body was sore for days afterwards

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information