02 Polaris Virage I stops intermittently

Quote Originally Posted by jitan2004 View Post
    Please help!!!!
    My jetski ( Polaris 2002 Virage I ) stops intermittently while using. Sometimes I can start it right back again and sometimes it doesn't crank but I hear a click noise similar to when trying to start the jetski while battery is low. Battery power seems to be ok. Last time when engin stops, the battery was at 14v.
    This problem started after following issue. Last month I had a problem with my jetski. With everyone help from this forum, I found that my bendix gear ripped and the ripped gear broke flywheel's magnet and damaged my stator.
    I replace the stator with used stator, new flywheel and bendix. I put everything back together as per service manual.
    Now my jetski is stopping intermittently and not sure why.

Please help!!!!
    Thanks for your time.

Kevin
    Kevin,

New to Forum. I don't know how long ago you asked this, but did yu get it fixed? I have two 2002 Virage I's. Only 29 hours! One of them did the same thing starting in 2005. Moved to Fl. & no one could fix there. Called Polaris shop in VA. and said sounds like fuel pump. $250 later-same problem. Now I'm back in MD. and took to VA. Polaris dealer. He says probable computer. Told me $1300 for comp., starting to look for one. With other machine, it seemed to kill battery always. They say it's a starter issue. Told me $330, but just found one for $70.00 (new) on EBAY. Any help this way appreciated.

Ralph

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ChesapeakeBayRunner View Post
    ...I have two 2002 Virage I's. Only 29 hours!

...Moved to Fl. & no one could fix there. Called Polaris shop in VA. and said sounds like fuel pump. $250 later-same problem.

Now I'm back in MD. and took to VA. Polaris dealer. He says probable computer. Told me $1300 for comp., starting to look for one.

With other machine, it seemed to kill battery always. They say it's a starter issue. Told me $330, but just found one for $70.00 (new) on EBAY. Any help this way appreciated.

Ralph
    Welcome to the Hulk

This should be in a new thread.

Click below for the service manuals.

Give us some more details on each machine, and where you are located. There may be another good Polaris Tech in your area.

Thread Information