Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ecu remap advice please

My bud has got an 06 rxt,got 160hrs on it,he wants to re map his ECU TO 8450,as he has been told he does not need to add the valve upgrade or even retainers,and the engine would still be safe.Does anybody know if this is safe for sure or not,im not so sure given the hours on his ski.Thanks

+1
    No Mark, He NEEDS the upgrade his valve train..Wether its the Les Cooke retainers or the Riva Valve springs it needs to be upgraded..

Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    No Mark, He NEEDS the upgrade his valve train..Wether its the Les Cooke retainers or the Riva Valve springs it needs to be upgraded..
    That was my thoughts excactly,but im not a tech head.....just made sense to me,would you like a pm as to who said it would be safe,nobody on this site but you will be familar with him im sure,and thanks for clearing that up

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MARK_LEGG View Post
    That was my thoughts excactly,but im not a tech head.....just made sense to me,would you like a pm as to who said it would be safe,nobody on this site but you will be familar with him im sure,and thanks for clearing that up
    HA HA..Sure.....No problem Mark...

+1
    they (seadoo centre) advertise the 8400 rev limit as not needing any valve train upgrade...

Not sure how long stock valve train is supposed to last? so raising the rev limit at 160 hours could lead to premature failure??

+1
    It is recommended that anything over 8300 RPMs that the valve train be upgraded..Now if someone wants to run thier ski up to 8400 with out upgrading thier valvetrain, well thats entirely up to them...

Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    It is recommended that anything over 8300 RPMs that the valve train be upgraded..Now if someone wants to run thier ski up to 8400 with out upgrading thier valvetrain, well thats entirely up to them...
    very true,not being so tecnically minded as some we seek advice,and with 160hrs on a motor to be told no upgrade or retainers needed didnt sound right to me,thats why we needed a 2nd opinion,thanks

+1
    I know most of the lads that CC over here are running 8400 ECUs with stock heads in limited class coz they run in stock class aswell. These are mostly RXP-Xs tho. not sure if the X boats have different valve setup??? In fairness the CC racing is going to be harder on an engine than any rec rider is gona put onit. Mark im in same dilema as im gona go to 8650 but not sure if I should be re-building my head with new springs ect and light wieght retainers or just fitting the retainers. R88

Quote Originally Posted by R88ory RXP View Post
    I know most of the lads that CC over here are running 8400 ECUs with stock heads in limited class coz they run in stock class aswell. These are mostly RXP-Xs tho. not sure if the X boats have different valve setup??? In fairness the CC racing is going to be harder on an engine than any rec rider is gona put onit. Mark im in same dilema as im gona go to 8650 but not sure if I should be re-building my head with new springs ect and light wieght retainers or just fitting the retainers. R88
    Well,if your gona go 8650 you gota be safe rather than sorry,we was told 8450 was safe at 160hrs.How much is a drop valve mashed up in the engine to repair,against the cost of an upgrade..hows you going m8t fast as you can i hope

Quote Originally Posted by R88ory RXP View Post
    In closed course racing how long are you over 8200 rpms though. I am not sure just wondering. Becuase I would think it would be ok to be over 8200 rpms for only a few seconds. But a rec rider might run across an entire lake at full throtle. So a few minutes at 8400 rpms never getting off the throtle.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information