Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy Need Help Please.......

What's up I have a problem that I hope someone might be able to help. I have a 2005 RXT, this has happened the last three times i have flushed it. When i attach the hose to flush it about 5 minutes into it flushing it starts making some weird noise coming from the inside of the ski. It almost sounds like something is caught up or something. Again this only happens when i flush it. It eventually goes away. If anyone can has any idea what the hell it is please let me know. oh and the ski has 88 hours. Thanks

5 mins seems kinda long to flush the ski. most ppl i talk to just run the fresh water threw it for about 30 to 40 seconds then shut the hose rev it up to blow all the water out of the system then shut the ski..

Maybe to much water pressure from the hose, back it off a bit.
    and.......Start ski 1st then turn hose on, turn hose off, then shut ski off.

wow i usually flush the ski for about 10 minutes and you are probably right about the water pressure cause i don't have the adapter for the hose, I just plug the hose straight into the ski, turn it on and flush. THanks A MILLION I APPRECIATE IT !!! adapter kit is what it looks like i have to buy next. Thanks Again

+1
    I would think a couple or a few mins should work but five or more might end up hurting the carbon ring on the driveline!

+1
    Monster, if your riding in salt water you might want to get a salt away flush kit. Your hose hooks up to it and it has a small container that you put the salt away soap solution in. Then you flush the ski as you normally would and when the water coming out the exhaust is'nt foamy your done. Only takes about 2 min. If your riding fresh water(me) just start it on the ramp when you pull it out to blow out the water box and your good.

OBJ

+1
    I have 2 '06 SC RXTs. I change my own oil and have read not to run the engine on the hose for any longer than 5 minutes as the heat can warp the ride plate.
    But I've done it up to 5 min. and have not had any problems.

Also, I saw a SeaDoo Flush Kit for sale in the shop for $29.95. I made my own for about $5.00 w/ parts from the local hardware store. I've had no problems using my own DIY flush kit.

REMEMBER: Engine on, then water on. To finish, water off, then engine off.

To much water your flooding the machine wash out about 1 min

+1
    dude!!!! you can flush for about 30 seconds and be done. 1 minute is plenty.
    next time try tasting the water coming out the exhaust hole.
    when it tastes fresh you are done, that takes ummmmm, about 30 seconds.
    5 minutes is way too long for anything unless you are troubleshooting something, and there are extra procedures to follow for extended running on the trailer and hose.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMonster View Post
    wow i usually flush the ski for about 10 minutes and you are probably right about the water pressure cause i don't have the adapter for the hose, I just plug the hose straight into the ski, turn it on and flush. THanks A MILLION I APPRECIATE IT !!! adapter kit is what it looks like i have to buy next. Thanks Again
    ... Dude... your lucky to have a carbon seal left in that thing There is no need to flush for more than 1 minute!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information