GSX Limited (White Motor) Fuel Display

The ski has been sitting for a year, started it up this weekend, no problems. But I noticed that the fuel bar display no longer works. Even when you plug in the DESS Key and you get the 8888 in the display, nothing lights up in the fuel section.

So I do not think that it is my fuel sending unit, it just seems like it is within the "INFO Gauge." Like I said it worked last year no problems, now I get nothing. Is there a fuse to the INFO display? All the other displays work, rpm, mph, pk mph, miles etc. Any thoughts?

PS: Does anyone have a stock prop for the 1997.5 GSX Limited they want to get ride of?

97.5 GSXL stock prop

I might have one in the garage. I bought a magnum pump from skat trak a few years ago. I'll look through my boxes of Sea Doo parts tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxman60 View Post
    The ski has been sitting for a year, started it up this weekend, no problems. But I noticed that the fuel bar display no longer works. Even when you plug in the DESS Key and you get the 8888 in the display, nothing lights up in the fuel section.

So I do not think that it is my fuel sending unit, it just seems like it is within the "INFO Gauge." Like I said it worked last year no problems, now I get nothing. Is there a fuse to the INFO display? All the other displays work, rpm, mph, pk mph, miles etc. Any thoughts?

PS: Does anyone have a stock prop for the 1997.5 GSX Limited they want to get ride of?
    on my 00 GTX the problem was the fuse in the fuel baffle. Had the same thing as you're describing. Everything else in the display worked fine but nothing showed in the fuel section ever.

I'd try the fuel baffle repair sticky in the 2-stroke section before anything else. Easy way to check the baffle is to hit the 2 wires coming out of the baffle with an ohmmeter when empty and when full. I can't remember offhand what they should read empty/full, but if it doesn't change at all your baffle is likely the problem.

This fuse in the fuel baffle that you speak of, is it replaceable? Or do you have to replace the entire fuel baffle to fix the problem?

Thread Information