Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exhaust Question 08 SHO

Hello. Long time lurker here. I am looking to replace the stock exhaust on my 08 SHO with a Riva free flow. Everything is stock on the ski except for the Riva Power Filter kit. A few people on here have stated that you will lose either horsepower or top end speed due to not enough back pressure. What is the final verdict before I spend the $$. Thank you, Bear1000

I would like to know too.

This is a graph from the Greenhulk FZR buildup thread...same engine so same effects.

+1
    My personal opionion (based only on the mods I have done to my FZS) is that you loose just a bit if the FF exhaust is done by itself--and I mean just a bit. I did the R & D Intake Grate first (didn't loose anything on top end--no gain either but hooks better in the chop). Next I did the FF exhaust (it was just too quiet stock) and I think I lost a little on the top but feel it was breathing better as it bounced off the rev limmiter about two to three times out of the hole. Last mod was the Riva intake manifold and I am back to or just above stock top speed.

It seems like mods help mods. A FF exhaust alone is not as good as if done with the other breathing mods as proven in Green Hulk's graph.

Now I only need to justify the MoTeC, Riva IC, a new wheel, etc...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 5001craig View Post
    It seems like mods help mods. A FF exhaust alone is not as good as if done with the other breathing mods as proven in Green Hulk's graph.
    Very true.

^^^ I took that Pic!^^^ PixxByTango's Avatar
    I wouldn't waste the money for it. I would buy a 3" elbow, two high strength hose clamps and make it like I did. I did notice a much better pull and picked up a little rpm on the top end. I just love the sound and its different than any other ski in the area.

Just using what you remove...

I just installed the Riva exhaust today, wasn't expecting much performance gain but was pleasantly surprised. Stock I could hit 66.4, after installing the Riva offshore grate it was down to 65.2, now after installing the exhaust it's up to 66.8.

I've found at idle it sounds about the same, the mid-RPM drone is a bit louder, and at high RPM it's louder and deeper. Although the most noticeable difference is when on the hose it's much louder and raspy.

Only problem with the Riva kit is you can't easily go back to stock since you have to cut the factory rubber pipe in half... although you can use that throw-away piece to make a new intake just by adding a 3" universal filter. That's what sold me on the Riva, save a couple hundred bucks on the intake kit.

Exhaust and intake installed mmmmm you didnt tell me about that hehe sounds like we have to compare with my stock SHO now to really see !

Quote Originally Posted by PixxByTango View Post
    I wouldn't waste the money for it. I would buy a 3" elbow, two high strength hose clamps and make it like I did. I did notice a much better pull and picked up a little rpm on the top end. I just love the sound and its different than any other ski in the area.

Just using what you remove...

Nice free mod there Tango and even better when you get some gains and to the question on the thread yes do an aftermarket exhaust or Tango's home remedy and a manifold upgrade (cheap) the engine will love it

^^^ I took that Pic!^^^ PixxByTango's Avatar
    I guess you can see from my pics we have more than enough resources in our shop to build anything we want for the SHO, including ecu mods. I will be adding soon a Boost Cut Defencer and a AFC to controll fuel above and beyond the factory ecu. This route will be cheaper than going with the MoTec and I will retain my cruise control.

Spend money on gas learning how to ride... not buying parts you don't need to fill up a signature on the forum.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information