Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

That is the air intake i want !!!

What about an air intake with 2 electric fans mounted inline pushing almost 2 PSI of air to the throttle body ?

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    see what kind of CFMs that thing can flow... i would think the supercharger at WOT at 8000+ rpms and boost pressure of 7-15 depending on ur SC impeller would actually pull alot more CFMs that a little electric fan can push, but i could be wrong.

it certainly would help for holeshot, no doubt about it.... but the question is will they be more of a restriction at WOT than anything else?

Those fans can't flow enough air to work. It will actually hurt the performance as the rpms go up.

my heat exhaust, 4" turbo attwood. I think if you were to use fans to blow to the SC you would need to have the tube go to a Y and have one that could pull outside air and one that blew air. Then the SC could pull from outside if it overwhelemed the fan. I think the fans would help load the SC up when going out of the hole though.

oops this was supposed to go in eram thread, kind of mixed them both up
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fan.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	6490   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thru hulls.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	6491  
    Last edited by Kinchyle; 08-02-2006 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisrokc
    Those fans can't flow enough air to work. It will actually hurt the performance as the rpms go up.
    That's very funny, people install :

1) rear air intake system,
    2) front air intake system,
    3) 3" pipes,
    4) 4" pipes,
    5) short pipes,

And claim HP gains, Better acceleration, top speed etc... and all they say: more air=more power, less restriction to the S/C etc...

And when we talk about a device (E-ram) which will do exactly that X 10, providing a lot more air and creating less restriction all they say:

"It won't work". :smt098

+1
    bc the fan is an OBSTRUCTION when the SC is spinning at 40,000+ rpms

a little electrical fan WILL NOT keep up with the demand of a centrifugal supercharger connected by a gear to the crank at 8000+ rpms

at idle i'm sure it will give a nice pressurization and holeshot.... my two inline fans take up volume inside the air intake tube... those fan impellers are gonna be getting pulled faster than they would normally spin on their own electrical power.

rafa... i think u r a good asset to the forum, and i know u have some good ideas by what u've talked to me about already, but u gotta realize this forum is VERY well established, and you are among the best 4-tec tuners and gurus out there... electric fans jsut aren't gonna cut it. sure on a mildly modded machine they may work... if u want serious speed, nearly 300 HP and 80+ mph.... an e-ram wont do it... know ur audience, know the tech ur surrounded by... this site is responsible for so much of the R&D accomplished on these skis already.
    Last edited by Shibby1485; 08-02-2006 at 09:19 PM.

rafa it's been done before. Using the seat intake and inline fans. People have even tried dual inline fans. Someone did a CFM test on the fans and the SC. SC pulls CRAZY amounts of air and out does the fans and ends up fighting the fans. It has to be able to rerout the fan or just pull from somewhere else.
    I think it would work if you had the intake split into 2, 4" tubes. one sucking outside air and the other having air blown in it.

The trick is to get the most outside air with the less distance. not much else to it. If you have really have faith in the e-ram have it blow all the air into the hull and then just pull hull air right from a small filter connected to the SC. I believe this has been done too and ends up pulling engine air.

Shouldn't be mad at other if they tell you something can't be done. Get your gps baseline speeds, get a e-ram install going and take pictures. Go do some runs and post your numbers. That's how this forums works except you also have lots of brains and experience for any anwer you want.

on another note
    http://www.electricsupercharger.com/...490a085ac24b7a

It pulls 60amps of juice!!!
    wouldn't you need another battery to run this thing or are you thinking of using it just for a drag. This thing pushes alot of air looking at the numbers so maybe it could work for short bursts. I'd try to look back on the forums and find out the CFM numbers someone posted and see if they match up.

I say give it shot and let us now. Here these might help
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6982
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6983
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2274
    Last edited by Kinchyle; 08-02-2006 at 09:51 PM.

Will work on my truck.

Last edited by rafa26; 08-02-2006 at 10:05 PM.

+1
    ok.... that's hot!

rafa.... find and PM or talk to whittlebeast on this forum, thats his user name... i think u two would have alot to talk about. (ie. MS) i told him about you earlier 2nite when i was talking to him, i think he was intrigued.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information