Banned User

Compression question

I just bought an 03 GTX Supercharged that had water injestion according to the dealer. It had been sitting for a while and had become a parts ski but most everything was complete. The dealer said they removed all of the water and cleaned and fogged everything as is evident upon inspection. I checked the compression today and #1 had 0 lbs #2 had 125 lbs and #3 had 150 lbs. My question is this. I haven't pulled the head yet but inspecting the intake and exhaust valves through the port holes they look to be in good shape. Their is no evidence of damage to the valves from the top side. Could the rings have come off and spit out the head without damaging the valves? Is there anything else that could cause 0 lbs compression in that cylinder? The dealer had removed the supercharger and some other components like the dipstick and a large plug from the pto side exposing the internal gears and a small plug on the block underneath the intake maifold???? (looks like there are a couple of these in the block maybe the size of a quarter) Could anything have been removed form the engine to cause that could allow air to escape the combustion chamber of cylinder #1? Can the rings on the 4-tec come apart and make it out without damaging anything? The motor turns over fine with the starter?

have you felt around the block? see if there are any holes, cause if you dont have no dip stick that means you didnt check the oil and the connceting rod might have been broke, and the piston is just at the top of the cyliner,try taking a screw driver and going down the spark plug hole and see if you can push down the piston, that is if you dont see no holes in the block cause thats the give away.

Banned User
    Can't find any holes in the block, will try to push the piston down with a screwdriver. I did check the oil by removing the dipstick tube and it still had some in the bottom of the crankcase. I wouldn't consider spinning the motor without oil in it! Thanks for the tip on the screwdriver will try it in the morning and let you guys know!

Banned User
    Pulled the head yesterday. The piston and ring are destroyed. It peppered the head a little too! Anyone have a piston and a head? Sould I tear the bottom end down too?

pressure problem

I've got 2005 Challenger, pressure builds up in the engine, when I pulled dipstick out, oil started to burst out the hole.
    Can anyone help?

Quote Originally Posted by denmic1 View Post
    I've got 2005 Challenger, pressure builds up in the engine, when I pulled dipstick out, oil started to burst out the hole.
    Can anyone help?

Bad TOPS valve.

Quote Originally Posted by developerjj View Post
    Pulled the head yesterday. The piston and ring are destroyed. It peppered the head a little too! Anyone have a piston and a head? Sould I tear the bottom end down too?

I have 2 good pistons and a cheap head, $100 for head 2 pistons and connecting rods if u want them it comes with all the valve train, cam to.

Thread Information