Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

? about debris in intake

unfortunately where i normally ride there is alot of debris floating, always getting stuff up in stock intake grate... wondering whats gonna happen when i put my 1200 grate on....has anybody ever tried something to stop debris getting in ..stainless mesh screen above where it mounts or anything?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by yam08gpr View Post
    unfortunately where i normally ride there is alot of debris floating, always getting stuff up in stock intake grate... wondering whats gonna happen when i put my 1200 grate on....has anybody ever tried something to stop debris getting in ..stainless mesh screen above where it mounts or anything?
    we all just deal with it

stock grate can get you hurt

i know thats why i have a 1200 grate coming...and also a plate from jim... thanks for your help

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by yam08gpr View Post
    A mesh screen would get clogged up alot quicker then just letting some of it go through your pump. Check out the photo below Thats the Raritan River in New Jersey just a little bit of debris..........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00118.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	562.2 KB 
ID:	142585  

+1
    Honestly not being a smartie - the only way to prevent it is not to ride in those areas. I don't know any other way.

If your not doing something, its hard to screw up. stlouisramsfan's Avatar
    I found I suck a lot less in with the aftermarket grate than with the stock, not sure of why...

Its the same for me i sucked a lot more weeds in at the lake with the stock grate than with the R&D.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fullboogie View Post
    Honestly not being a smartie - the only way to prevent it is not to ride in those areas. I don't know any other way.
    In jersey it seems most people decided the water is there dumping ground for beer cans, glass, plastic its ridiculous some days what u find floating.

+1
    The Delaware river is so nasty that i can tell how bad something is up the intake by how fast i can go.

If i can get up to 30mph with a slight vibration it's just blocking the intake flow. I can usually get this out by by turning ski on/off. Hitting a few 2 ft waves to pop it free.

Only get to 5mph with a heavy vibration. Something is stuck between impeller and wear ring and it's not coming out. Time to limp to shore and flip ski to side and get out the pliers.

These have saved my ass and other rider's many times when far away from ramp. 16" pliers from harbor freight.$14 for the set. http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=38598
    Attached Images Attached Images  

hahaha too funny thats where i ride on the delaware..i got stuck down by penns landing...no where to beach it there at low tide... and that time i had the 5 mph shake you to death...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information