Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

98' mag cup on 99'+ flywheel

how do i line these up?

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    look at my thread...Airborne's 951 XP http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=91876&page=12 post #118 second picture isthe correct alignment

i searched for awhile hoping to find some info on this already but i couldnt find it. but thanks man! ok so i have the 98 cup it has 2 magnets and there 180 degrees apart from each other right? i read some on it and it says it would be easier if i had a 98 flywheel and 98 cup i didnt no the 98 adn 99 flywheels were different i do have one. do i line the 98's hole on the flywheel up with the 99 when swapping them out?

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by fit4lyph View Post
    i searched for awhile hoping to find some info on this already but i couldnt find it. but thanks man! ok so i have the 98 cup it has 2 magnets and there 180 degrees apart from each other right? correct
    i read some on it and it says it would be easier if i had a 98 flywheel and 98 cup i didnt no the 98 adn 99 flywheels were different yes they are different the bolt pattern is different i do have one. do i line the 98's hole on the flywheel up with the 99 when swapping them out? no. you need to find TDC on the MAG piston and then put the cup on the flywheel so that the pick up is just before the pick up
    read more of my thread and you may find more answers and pictures that you need...what are you working on?

+1
    Not to put too fine a point on it but the difference in the bolt pattern is its relation to the keyway slot. The index hole is also in a different spot on the '98 than the '99+.

If you have a '98 flywheel and a '98 mag cup you just have to make sure the end of one of the (Rotax calls them protrusions) magnets lines up with the hole. Either will work and only one end will line up but in the pic in the manual it shows the right end (as you are looking at the cup from the front).

i would rather now remove the flywheels. so will it run alright with a 99 flywheel and a 98 cup? as long as i bolt it up right

+1
    Sure.

The look at the index hole on the '98 flywheel. Find the spot on the '99+ flywheel (it should be just left of the keyway and way left of the hole on the '99+).

Put a mark there with a sharpie and you will find that the cup will line up one of the ends of the protursions (again, it does not matter which one) on that mark when you line up the correct set of holes.

this is what it should look like if you use 98 cup on 98 flywheel. using a 98 cup on 99 flywheel will work perfect as long as you set it up according to the pic on airborne's post.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 779.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	3.94 MB 
ID:	142723  

+1
    Great pic.

Note the position of the index hole in realation to the keyway. That is the same spot you will put the protrusion end on the '99. The hole will not be there, but the bolt holes will allow for the proper position.

alright what key are yu talkin about? idk the language yall are talking

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information